Cadillac ESV For those who need a bit more space than is offered in the Escalade, the ESV offers seating for 8 adults

Front Heat

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 04:45 PM
Default Front Heat

Hello all new to the thread,
Front heat blows Luke warm at best on driver/passenger side with controls at 90.I do feel temp change when I lower temp. and the air blows out stronger at a lower temp. Rear heat works excellent. Any ideas in which direction to go would be great I have tried and checked a few things so far

Old 12-20-2016, 05:53 PM
Tech Certified Members

Not know what year. It's unlikely that both temp actuators failed at same time, Do both heater hoses going to cowl get hot to the touch? It could be low coolant or restricted heater core.

Old 12-20-2016, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by slowroll
Not know what year. It's unlikely that both temp actuators failed at same time, Do both heater hoses going to cowl get hot to the touch? It could be low coolant or restricted heater core.
It's a 2006 escalade esv. I did check both supply and return heater hoses both are hot.i haven't checked coolant level in radiator itself only in reservoir if it was low wouldn't the rear heat be having same problem?

Old 12-20-2016, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by JoeyEscalade
It's a 2006 escalade esv. I did check both supply and return heater hoses both are hot.i haven't checked coolant level in radiator itself only in reservoir if it was low wouldn't the rear heat be having same problem?
I also watched the actuator motor for driver side temp control change position as I lowered and raised temp and also removed actuator and manually opened and closed door still never got hot air

Old 12-21-2016, 03:24 PM
Tech Certified Members

low coolant not always rear heater core is lower in relation to front. Will it blow hot out of any duct? Did you hear / feel door stop as you moved it from hot to cold? With dual zone there should be 2 air mix actuators ( L & R). Before I pull dash to check air doors and heater case I would back flush heater core to see if it was restricted.

Old 12-21-2016, 07:06 PM

low coolant not always rear heater core is lower in relation to front. Will it blow hot out of any duct? Did you hear / feel door stop as you moved it from hot to cold? With dual zone there should be 2 air mix actuators ( L & R). Before I pull dash to check air doors and heater case I would back flush heater core to see if it was restricted.
Ok thanks a lot for the guidance.i am going to flush it out tomorrow..just so I'm clear on how to do it.do you usually use air or water?

Old 12-22-2016, 10:22 AM
Tech Certified Members

Garden hose. Carefully take hoses loose. It's possible to break heater core tubes. the Idea is to force water thru return and dislodge blockage on supply side. Good luck,

Old 12-22-2016, 06:52 PM

Garden hose. Carefully take hoses loose. It's possible to break heater core tubes. the Idea is to force water thru return and dislodge blockage on supply side. Good luck,
Ok so I back flushed heater core and to no avail Heat was still Luke warm so I pulled the hvac fuse to do a reset,as I've read some guys have done on this forum and now the heat is blowing very hot so I'm assuming I have an electrical issue??? Let's see how long the heat lasts

Old 12-23-2016, 06:27 PM
Tech Certified Members

If you moved door from hot to cold with actuator off and air stayed cold. it's not electrical.