General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 SRX Brake and Turning signal issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 10:54 AM
Default 2005 SRX Brake and Turning signal issues

I have an 05 SRX.

I found that the rear passenger side Brake light is always on (as opposed to the single row of running lights). <-- looking at the back of the vehicle

The right one works fine. When I brake, the right one comes on (double row LED's) and when I release the pedal it goes back to single row.

Turning right signal works fine with and without the brake pedal engaged, however when I turn left the right turning indicator comes on!!!

I am not sure what the heck is doing this, and in speaking to a local garage, they stated that it might be the Rear Integration Module.

Not knowing I asked for a cost to repair/replace it and almost fell out of my chair when they came back to me with a $1,000.00, and again they said it may not solve the issue. Apparently even out of a reclaim (wreckers), it is still $450.00... Not cool

I am hoping that someone else has some experience in this area and can guide me in the right direction. I'd appreciate any insight anyone can offer me in this issue.

Thanks,

CadiKam

Old 01-17-2011, 09:34 AM
Default Continued

OK, so after pouring over the service manual this weekend; it refers to several conditions.

1. Poor Connection - I'll need to disassemble the dash and rear end to check this

2. Multifunction Turning Signal Indicator - If the connections appear to be good (with test lamp) then replace this..... Can not find a price for it yet

3. IPC (Instrument Panel Cluster) - If the MTSI does not fix it then replace this... Zo-my-god, are you kidding me?? The cheapest one I have found is $500.00 at a wreckers with no warranty.

I did call a dealer and asked a questions regarding this. I was told by the service guy on the phone that they would need to connect it to the computer to find the error ($55 - $115) and then do some testing (no explanation) but that it would take at least 2 hours ($110. per hour).

Well needless to say I did not take it into the dealer (especially based on the minimum cost of $345 before tax's)

I am hoping that someone else has some insight into this as this is something that I'd like to correct.

Well thanks again to everyone and I hope to see a couple of suggestions

Cheers,
CadiKam

Old 01-21-2011, 01:27 PM
Default Resolved

Well hello everyone.

I have spend the last several days on a floor dolly tracing all of the wiring, and utilizing my wiring tester.

I found the culprit.....

The wiring Harness for the Hitch had rubbed against the bottom of the metal retainer for the rear bumper, shorting one of the brake wires causing this whole mess.

So lesson learned for me, next time my tail lights go funky, check the Trailer Harness for corrosion/wear.

Back to cruzin...
CadiKam