General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 STS 0335 code

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 08:23 PM
Default 2000 STS 0335 code

Hi everyone. I'm a new member with a problem and looking for help. I just changed the engine due to an over heating problem. Since the change , I've been getting a 0335 code. I've changed the upper crank sensor twice. I checked for snags/catches on the wire harness and found it to be free. I did disconnect the ecm during the engine swap and had it reflashed after the new engine was installed. It still codes. Any ideas??????

Old 08-07-2009, 02:07 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Ronin
Hi everyone. I'm a new member with a problem and looking for help. I just changed the engine due to an over heating problem. Since the change , I've been getting a 0335 code. I've changed the upper crank sensor twice. I checked for snags/catches on the wire harness and found it to be free. I did disconnect the ecm during the engine swap and had it reflashed after the new engine was installed. It still codes. Any ideas??????
doesnt your car have two crank sensors?

is engine stalling?

Old 08-07-2009, 03:58 AM

Yes it does and it runs great but codes on me.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:46 AM
Tech Certified Members

I gather that the engine is NOT stalling? that is important to know. not clear.
engines with bad crank sensors still run great, right up to the stall!

I believe that the choices are :
- defective sensor
- bad connection at either sensor OR ECM
- ECM issue

my 1st choice would be to disconnect at BOTH ends, clean contacts, di-electric coat the contacts and see what happens then. other than the $10 for the di-electric grease, that could be the cheap fix.

besides, you should have a can of di-electric in your tool box and coat any connector that you touch; that goes a long ways on running w/o electrical problems.

90%+ of the problems in modern cars are electrical, and nearly all of them are due to intermittent connections and damaged harnesses.

IF the coding is intermittent, you can almost guess that the problem is the wiring,
IF the coding is always there, you got all three areas to investigate,
IF the coding is when the engine warms up, sensor or ECM is likely (silicon behavior).

Originally Posted by Ronin
Yes it does and it runs great but codes on me.

Last edited by stomper; 08-07-2009 at 08:51 AM.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:10 PM

I appreciate the feed back. The car doesn't stall and it only codes on start up. Other than that it runs like a top. Another questionI have is. How do I get all of the air out of the coolant system? There are no bleeders on it and I thinking about adding one to the upper hose somehow. Thanks again.