General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1996 Deville Only Start with Start Fluid!????

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 02:10 PM
Default RE: 1996 Deville Only Start with Start Fluid!????

Brand new battery, no ground in front of trans? there is a strange looking ground going to coil pack bolts right from thebattery????? never seen thatbefore? I just the front 4 plugs just for ****s and giggles, car started and ran, and idledfor 5 seconds, then shut off, tryed to crank it again, no start. No mods? everything is stock, car wont run long enough to pull a code with starting fluid.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Tech Certified Members

There should be grounds attached trans. no grounds stuff isn't working.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:56 PM

Ground coming from battery?!?!?!?! ground coming from where? Is there suppose to be a ground running to ign coil bolts?!

Old 01-04-2009, 07:03 PM
Tech Certified Members

Modules for different systems ground all over the car. Most of the essential grounds for the car to run are attached to powertrain somewhere. You need to invest in FSM to solve your problem.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:25 PM

OK, I checked all the grounds, have a wiring diagram.I did the node light, node light doesnt do anything. No blinking, no solid light, nothing. So no power is getting into injectors, so now what?! After I did the node test, on the DIC service fuel system? Car has new pump, filter, fuel press reg. So what can/should I do now?

Old 01-07-2009, 06:41 PM
Tech Certified Members

Do you have 12v to injector connectors? They(2) are fused in underhood fuse box. No power at fuse, check red battery cable where it connects to fuse block. 12v to injector connectors, check for codes and re post.

Old 01-14-2009, 01:00 AM

OK, after reading a bunch of wiring diagrams, from all data, asking a million peoples opinoins, im stuck back where i started, so lets start with the basics. You need 3 things to start a car, compression *which i have* spark *which i have because i can still feel it going through my finger* and fuel. . . . fuel i dont know, the rail is at 48. . . volts going to injectors is 4.04 to 3.93, that is the range where they sit. Im guessing they should be at 12. . . so there not, replaced all fuses and relays, just because i had them, and i was bored, not blowing any fuses, no burnt smelling relays. . . so im not getting enough power to injectors. THE INJECTOR fuse, is sitting at 12 volts, so somewhere in between im loosing power. I can see the injector harness going into some sort of sensor, tps? iat? maf? map? then running underneath somewhere? pcm? . . . . so where could i be loosing this power? wires are wrapped in wire lume, could be a ****ty wire? causing a short im guessing. . . sooooooo still car is throwing NO current codes. . . . sooooo, slowroll where are ya buddy, i need ya! thanks alot, i appercaite it! any pointers anyone can give, would be greatly appercaited! Its 1 in the morning, its 2 degress outside, snow on the ground, and im messing with this thing once again! oh and did i mention my starter went out on my 94!? yay!

Old 01-14-2009, 07:51 PM
Tech Certified Members

With the low voltage you have at the injectors it's no wonder it wont start. Unplug all injectors if you haven't already and re-check for 12v. If still no 12v. Since you have access to info check any and all harness connectors between under hood fuse box and fuel rail looking for 12v., as last resort peel harness. There should be 12v. to injectors. Post what you find.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:13 PM

quick question, if i replaced the bcm. . . do i have to get it re-learned? what about if the pcm was replaced? same thing, re-learned?

Old 01-16-2009, 09:00 PM
Tech Certified Members

PCM grounds injectors does not power them. Yes, it has to be programmed by dealer. There is no 'bcm'

Quick Reply: 1996 Deville Only Start with Start Fluid!????