General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1996 Cadillac Seville

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 08:21 PM
Default 1996 Cadillac Seville

Hello everyone, new member, but unfortunately I've got to make my first post in the General Tech section . I recently (kind of...) purchased a 96 Seville STS. It's got 107,000 miles on it as of right now. It had 104,000 when I purchased it in late February. I drove the car for about 2 weeks, and then on March 5th (my birthday of all days...) the car stopped running. I've since taken it to a mechanic, the fuel pump was replaced. Now....

To start off, I have 0 mechanical experience. Well, I can change the oil but yeah...anyways. Grew up with my mom in a pretty urban area so it really never came up... but, I'm well aware several things need to be done to the Lac', including a coolant change and transmission fluid change as well. First things first, I need to know exactly what kind of coolant and transmission fluid to get, if the coolant needs to be mixed, so on and so forth, because the manual I've got doesn't go very in depth at all.

Secondly, I'm hoping I can find a video tutorial or something that will show me step by step how to replace these things as once again, this is my first time, but I know that if I don't learn them myself I'm going to get raped over and over by a mechanic. So, help! Please

Old 05-25-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Certified Members

hey dude.....welcome to the forum!! and congrats on the sts..
look around the forum, all the questions you are asking are spelled out, in triplycate..lol....... check FAQ section, admin stealth has put together a great coolant post in that section. if you need further help, let us know....... look, read and learn...... didnt your mother teach you that..........LOL i like to fool aroung a bit, no harm.... serious, if you cant find it well give you a hand..........get back
rickyd