FAQ Frequenly Asked Technical Questions. This section is read only, and posts are made by the staff. If you have something to contribute contact any moderator.

1993 eldorado fuel rail

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2021, 04:28 PM
Default 1993 eldorado fuel rail

Just lately the 4.6 Northstar stumbles terribly on start up. It now transpires that I have a leak in the upper fuel injection rail under the top beauty cover. The nylon fuel pipes/hoses between injectors I would assume are 3/8 in,
These fuel rails are obsolete, and by all accounts have been problematic ever since birth, so not surprising that stocks are depleted. BUT if anyone knows of a source of NOS, please let me know , I would appreciate it no end.
In the event that there is no alternative but to repair, has anyone tried this exercise. How do you shrink the nylon fuel line ends onto the injectors. Any hints or guidance would be welcome, as there would be more experienced owners out there with much more knowledge than me.
A little history on this car, I imported it (1993 Eldorado Sport Coupe Northstar with Continental Kit - 62,000 miles) from Arizona a few years ago and have done the following: Pulled engine and trans, the auto had full rebuild as 4th gear didn't engage.Whilst engine/trans out, the engine was stripped and every sensor replaced (IAT, MAP. Knock, Water temp, Crank sensors, Cam sensor and new Idle Air Motor, TPS Purge valve. Internally it received new oil pump, timing chains and sprockets, water pump and tensioner and front alt belt and tensioner.
No wear on main or big end bearings and bore still showed hone marks. I also had the "Stud Kit" from Northstar Performance installed to overcome the dreaded head gasket saga.
Up till now it has run like a dream, quiet, smooth and strong when you give it the curry, so this new 'event' is a bit soul destroying.
Many thanks if anyone can help
Happy New Year to all members
Ivan Grace