Cadillac STS The newest installation of the performance sedan from Cadillac, having replaced the Seville

no start

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 09:35 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default no start

hey guys, ladies..... just went out to wash 99 seville sts. turned key one click and brought shifter to N so car would roll forward a bit; did not start car. put back in P, turned off, and went about my business of washing car. after wash, went to pop trunk with fob.......NO POWER...!! went in to start, car is dead as can be.... almost think in letting car roll a bit as i did, somehow set SECURITY NO START mode on.
battery is new....December.

tryed unlocking and locking car with key....... no good

any help, or ideas?????

thanks

rickyd

Old 04-14-2010, 10:13 AM
Tech Certified Members

ok,ok,ok.....so put a charger on battery......... charger said "check" .. like it wouldn't take charge.... so i boosted charger up to quick charge and she started taking a charge........ got er up enough to get-er-started. going straight to battery store...... thinking i got a s_ _t battery...... thanks all
rickyd

Old 04-14-2010, 04:36 PM
Tech Certified Members

Originally Posted by rickyd
hey guys, ladies..... just went out to wash 99 seville sts. turned key one click and brought shifter to N so car would roll forward a bit; did not start car. put back in P, turned off, and went about my business of washing car. after wash, went to pop trunk with fob.......NO POWER...!! went in to start, car is dead as can be.... almost think in letting car roll a bit as i did, somehow set SECURITY NO START mode on.
battery is new....December.

tryed unlocking and locking car with key....... no good

any help, or ideas?????

thanks

rickyd

Also check ground.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:26 PM
Tech Certified Members

Rick is it possible you missed ground when your "Gremlins" were loose? Your weren't cleaning the inside and outside at the same time? I know it is quicker, but the dripping headliner always bothers me....

Old 04-15-2010, 07:28 AM
Tech Certified Members

not sure what happen, though i think it happen when i rolled it forward with out starting the car......... i think it (the car) thought it was being tampered with so it shut down all electirics, at least thats what it seemed like. ... after i did get it started, got battery checked, and its like new. all is fine now. thanks for your ideas!!
rick

oh, if anyone has any info on the security system in the car, please advise. like, what im after is what it really does, when, and why. tx again

Last edited by rickyd; 04-15-2010 at 07:32 AM.