Cadillac STS The newest installation of the performance sedan from Cadillac, having replaced the Seville

Front End bang or clunk sound

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 01:40 PM
Default RE: Front End bang or clunk sound

Katzmans Caddy,

I don't know and I don't think they are sure.However, I don't know what thesuspension mechanic and the SM discussed after the strut didn't fix the problem.A new control arm has been ordered and should be installed this coming week.I would assume it comes with new bushings installed? Do you know?Like I said i'm no suspension expert. I will leave that up to them.At least they are trying to fix the problem.I hope this does it. Tired of going there.

Eddiek

Old 09-15-2007, 01:48 PM
Default RE: Front End bang or clunk sound

Hey Stealth
My dealership is Rinke Cadillac in Warren, Mi.
I do think they are a customer caring bunch. I'm not the only one. I like to talk to the customers in the waiting area and have heard all postive comments from them too. The survey I received from Cadillac reflected my postive comments.

I have had good Service from My local Pontiac dealer and the Buick dealership in the past. I think they are all trying harder. They have a lot at stake in this competitive business.

Eddiek

Old 10-18-2016, 02:38 PM

I bought my 2005 Cadillac STS (Premium Package, heavy duty cooling system and sport steering) in 2008 and still own as of today (October, 2016). It only has 50K miles. When I bought it second hand it had a slight clunking noise on the front drivers side. As the years went by the noise got a little more aggressive. In or about 2012, I replaced the stabilizer bar bushings --- that didn't solve the problem. A month later I replaced the front left lower control arm --- that didn't solve the problem. Fast forward to October, 2016, I decided to have the left upper control arm looked at. My mechanic could not see that it was bad according to his inspection. I decided to go ahead and have the front left upper control arm replaced as I felt this was the last part of the suspension that had not been replaced, other than the coil spring. I looked on Ebay and found the part for $189.00. Cadillac wanted $360.00. I had the part installed and BINGO, the noise was gone and the front felt 100% tight. It is driving like a dream now.....I actually get excited to drive it now. I'm back in love with my STS. The replacement of the left upper control arm solved the problem 100%. I hope this is helpful to someone.