Cadillac STS The newest installation of the performance sedan from Cadillac, having replaced the Seville

'93 STS power loss issues

Old 04-01-2013, 03:37 PM
Default '93 STS power loss issues

Can someone offer some assistance? I am experiencing momentary power loss at times on acceleration when below 50 mph. It has happened occasionally, but now seems to happen more. It happened about 5 times today on a short road trip, however, did not happen at all on the trip home. It's fine cruising at 70-80 mph.
I have put in additives in case there was moisture in the gas. I am not having any shifting issues with the tranny. No idiot lights are coming on. It is not running rough.
this happens so quickly... there is a momentary drop in the rpm's and it feels like the car sucks wind for a split second... then its over. It did stall coming out of stop light, but starts right up.
Any help or guidance would be appreciated.
It has a Northstar engine.
Thank you!!