Cadillac SRX The SRX offers the versatility of a mid-size sport utility vehicle with a sports car feel

Third Row Seat won't engage properly

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 12:23 PM
Default Third Row Seat won't engage properly

I can't get my third row seat to full engage. I goes up about halfway and then stops. If you push the button again, it starts to fold flat.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks

Old 03-01-2007, 12:37 PM
Default RE: Third Row Seat won't engage properly

This is something that you should go to the dealer to correct. It will likely require a switch adjustment. Another possibility is that something (debris) is jamming the mechanism.

Old 03-01-2007, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator

Try WD-40, it fixes just about everything. My kids spilled so much juice and crapin my seat mechanisms its like glue in there. I just sprayed a can in there and in a dry or two back to normal. That stuff can disolve almost anything.

Old 03-18-2007, 08:07 PM

I had this problem diagnosed by cadillac as a failed module. I purchased the part to do it myself and save the $400 in labor, however, I am unable to get the seat up manually. Anyone know how to release the seat to raise it manually?

Old 05-20-2007, 03:36 PM

of course, cadillac got it wrong. when i got the seat apart finally, it turns out the screw mechanism for the driver's side part of the seat slide is broken. the bad news is that you have to by the entire seat rail, motor and everything to replace it. if anyone has a rear seat problem, let me know. i have become a self taught expert on how the thing operates.

Old 05-20-2007, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator

Legal

Sorry for your problem. And WTF they make you buy everything?

If so inclined post your results and how you finally figured out , including any tips you may have, and we will tag it to our recently developed FREE faq section.

Thanks again for the post.

Old 05-20-2007, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator

pictures of the broken gismo will help the next guy bigtime.

if it is metal, go to a welding shop,
if plastic there are solvents that can adhere the pieces.

however, i have no clue what this part is so
take my off-the-wall suggestion with a grain of salt.

lol

Old 09-19-2022, 05:24 PM
Smile 2009 SRX 3rd row seat removal

Originally Posted by legalz
of course, cadillac got it wrong. when i got the seat apart finally, it turns out the screw mechanism for the driver's side part of the seat slide is broken. the bad news is that you have to by the entire seat rail, motor and everything to replace it. if anyone has a rear seat problem, let me know. i have become a self taught expert on how the thing operates.
Would you please let me know how to remove the 3rd row seat in the 2009 SRX. I just bought a used one and the 3rd row seat is cocked and the seat will not fold down.

Old 03-27-2023, 06:33 PM
Exclamation Any feedback appreiated!!!

Originally Posted by legalz
Just picked up a 2008 Cadillac SRX - third row seat is stuck half way up - I push the button to operate seat, bell rings three times, I click unlock three times and I get nothing. Where is the motor for the third row seat located? Is it easier to just remove the third row seat?

Old 06-20-2023, 07:04 AM

Help me, how do you unlock the third row seats?