Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Cadillac SRX (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-srx-10/)
-   -   Third Row Seat won't engage properly (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-srx-10/third-row-seat-wont-engage-properly-1959/)

legalz 03-01-2007 12:23 PM

Third Row Seat won't engage properly

I can't get my third row seat to full engage. I goes up about halfway and then stops. If you push the button again, it starts to fold flat.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks

ben721364 03-01-2007 12:37 PM

RE: Third Row Seat won't engage properly

This is something that you should go to the dealer to correct. It will likely require a switch adjustment. Another possibility is that something (debris) is jamming the mechanism.

Katzmans Caddy 03-01-2007 08:29 PM

Try WD-40, it fixes just about everything. My kids spilled so much juice and crapin my seat mechanisms its like glue in there. I just sprayed a can in there and in a dry or two back to normal. That stuff can disolve almost anything.

legalz 03-18-2007 08:07 PM

I had this problem diagnosed by cadillac as a failed module. I purchased the part to do it myself and save the $400 in labor, however, I am unable to get the seat up manually. Anyone know how to release the seat to raise it manually?

legalz 05-20-2007 03:36 PM

of course, cadillac got it wrong. when i got the seat apart finally, it turns out the screw mechanism for the driver's side part of the seat slide is broken. the bad news is that you have to by the entire seat rail, motor and everything to replace it. if anyone has a rear seat problem, let me know. i have become a self taught expert on how the thing operates.

G.A.R.Y. 05-20-2007 06:23 PM

Legal

Sorry for your problem. And WTF they make you buy everything?

If so inclined post your results and how you finally figured out , including any tips you may have, and we will tag it to our recently developed FREE faq section.

Thanks again for the post.

Stealth 05-20-2007 07:44 PM

pictures of the broken gismo will help the next guy bigtime.

if it is metal, go to a welding shop,
if plastic there are solvents that can adhere the pieces.

however, i have no clue what this part is so
take my off-the-wall suggestion with a grain of salt.

lol

Crate1 09-19-2022 05:24 PM

2009 SRX 3rd row seat removal

Originally Posted by legalz (Post 8365)
of course, cadillac got it wrong. when i got the seat apart finally, it turns out the screw mechanism for the driver's side part of the seat slide is broken. the bad news is that you have to by the entire seat rail, motor and everything to replace it. if anyone has a rear seat problem, let me know. i have become a self taught expert on how the thing operates.

Would you please let me know how to remove the 3rd row seat in the 2009 SRX. I just bought a used one and the 3rd row seat is cocked and the seat will not fold down.

Upmrtni 03-27-2023 06:33 PM

Any feedback appreiated!!!

Originally Posted by legalz (Post 8365)

Just picked up a 2008 Cadillac SRX - third row seat is stuck half way up - I push the button to operate seat, bell rings three times, I click unlock three times and I get nothing. Where is the motor for the third row seat located? Is it easier to just remove the third row seat?

maurizioegiorgia 06-20-2023 07:04 AM

Help me, how do you unlock the third row seats?