Cadillac SRX The SRX offers the versatility of a mid-size sport utility vehicle with a sports car feel

Cue screen spider webbing

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2019, 04:25 PM
Unhappy Cue Screen Cracked.....

Came out to my Cadillac SRX with a spider web cracked screen the other day. I called the Cadillac Dealer where we had the Cue system installed a few years back after it completely stopped working. They took 3 hours to let us know it's wear and tear and in no way would they help with replacing or discounting a new Cue screen/system. We had it replaced under warranty and unfortunately the our warranty expired in April 2019. Disappointed by the lack of of help from the dealership and the attempt to charge a diagnostic fee when the "diagnosis" was This is very common and the weather is not hot so it's bound to happen. Not exactly what we wanted to hear and since this is our 4th summer with this SRX a little shocked to hear that it's from the heat and that it is bound to happen. Any one have any luck getting help this issue? Help!!!

Thank you,

Matt C.

Old 05-28-2019, 12:32 PM
Gil
Default CUE screen cracks

I have a 2013 SRX with 75000 miles and have noticed the spider web cracks forming on both sides of the screen. Cadillac replaced the screen once under warranty. This should be a recall item. It seems to be a large problem for Cadillac owners.

Old 05-29-2019, 01:49 PM
Default Cue webbing 2016 SRX

I noticed a small webbing on my cue display a few weeks ago and now with the hot weather it has expanded to about 20% of the screen. After reviewing some of the other posts, this seems to be a common problem with this model. Will be interesting to see if Cadillac will cover this repair.

Old 06-14-2019, 08:55 PM
Default Cracked Cue Screen

My 2016 SRX had same problem, one day it was fine next day it was spider webbed. It was at about 41,000 miles so warranty covered the issue. This seems to be rampant with these defective screens. There are some good videos on you tube showing how to replace it yourself. The Cadillac's seem to get below average ratings in reliability/repair issues. From what I can interpret it is this cue system, and the other electronic elements that seem to be the culprits in the overall problem ratings .

Old 06-19-2019, 07:49 PM

Thanks for your reply. My dealer took care of it.

Old 06-28-2019, 01:46 PM

Just had this happen to my 2014 CTS V-Sport Premium yesterday. Only 33,000 miles. Dealer won't discuss over the phone - want me to bring it on for the $150 diagnosis. It's pretty clear what the problem is - there are many pictures on this thread alone that look almost identical to what I have now. It is ridiculous that this is not covered by a TSB or recall of some type. To call this 'normal wear and tear' on a low-mileage $72,000 car is a joke.

My wife's 2015 SRX has the same screen - I guess it's only a matter of time before that one goes too...

The new Lincolns are looking pretty good to us right about now...

Old 08-01-2019, 03:38 PM

This just happened to my 2015 the other day but the weather was extremely hot out side. I feel they should do a recall .called the dealer, it is spreading more each day.

I came out to my 2014 SRX yesterday after not driving it for a few days. I noticed that the cue screen on the left side had some spider webbing cracks in the screen , NO impact to the screen from objects and you cant feel the cracks with your nails. I drove it for about 1 hour with the heat on and it appears to have spread into longer cracks. What gives ? I`m contacting my dealer and the Cadillac customer service department and see what they are going to do . I only have 17k on it . I HOPE they dont give me a problem and say its from abuse or misuse, it is a touch screen and I see that other Cadillac`s are having the same issue.

Jim[/QUOTE]

Old 08-02-2019, 10:08 PM

Exact same issue happened to me 2014 CTS 30k miles. I parked the car in my driveway Friday afternoon, got in it Monday morning and spider cracks galore.
I called the dealer, they knew exactly what it was and quoted me $1,700. I'm about 9 months out of warranty. I cannot believe there isn't a recall, seems like a very common issue.

Old 08-03-2019, 10:08 AM

I think the only thing that can be done is to politely inform, by letter, Cadillac and GM. Let them know that there are many complaints about this online and we all know about spider-webbing. We can tell that something needs to be done.

Old 08-04-2019, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by ENBehm
I think the only thing that can be done is to politely inform, by letter, Cadillac and GM. Let them know that there are many complaints about this online and we all know about spider-webbing. We can tell that something needs to be done.
I'm more than happy to start sending letters. Anyone know where to send them?

Quick Reply: Cue screen spider webbing