Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Cadillac SRX (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-srx-10/)
-   -   Cue screen spider webbing (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-srx-10/cue-screen-spider-webbing-16740/)

mrfixit143 02-21-2016 06:26 AM

Cue screen spider webbing

Hi,

I came out to my 2014 SRX yesterday after not driving it for a few days. I noticed that the cue screen on the left side had some spider webbing cracks in the screen , NO impact to the screen from objects and you cant feel the cracks with your nails. I drove it for about 1 hour with the heat on and it appears to have spread into longer cracks. What gives ? I`m contacting my dealer and the Cadillac customer service department and see what they are going to do . I only have 17k on it . I HOPE they dont give me a problem and say its from abuse or misuse, it is a touch screen and I see that other Cadillac`s are having the same issue.

Jim:mad:

Cadillac Customer Service 02-23-2016 10:53 AM

Hi Jim,

I'm very sorry to hear about these cracks in your CUE screen. Were you able to get this repaired by your local dealership? If you are still in need of assistance, please send us a private message; we would be happy to help.

Ashley R.
Cadillac Customer Care

GreyeGhost 06-23-2016 12:47 PM

Spider Web Cracks CUE Screen

Hi,

I have a 2013 Cadillac XTS, and it has the same defect. I have 69k mikes on the care. This appears to be a defect. I am no longer under warranty. Am I going to have an issue with getting this repaired since it is a product defect. y

Fzunig5710 03-01-2017 11:10 PM

2013 ats cracked Cadillac cue

QUOTE=Cadillac Customer Service;51396]Hi Jim,

I'm very sorry to hear about these cracks in your CUE screen. Were you able to get this repaired by your local dealership? If you are still in need of assistance, please send us a private message; we would be happy to help.

Ashley R.
Cadillac Customer Care[/QUOTE]

Hello Ashley,

my name is fabian zuniga and I own a beautiful 2013 ats 2.0 but I am also having this issue. with the dropping temperatures, and using my heat my screen has cracked. First with a small spider web like crack and now it has taken over about 35% of the screen making some of the radio/heating/cooling options unavailable. There is no physical crack or damage to the screen itself but to the interior glass. I'm hoping you can point me in the correct direction to fixing this issue. I have 41985 currently miles on my vehicle.

Fabian Zuniga

slowroll 03-02-2017 10:56 AM

The car has a 4 year 50 k base warranty. A certified used would be 6 year 100 k. Since it's a 2013 it may still be under base warranty. I would go by local dealer and verify warranty status, even it is out of warranty you may be able to get assistance.

jessanne 03-21-2017 01:04 PM

2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T

Hi There,

I am having the same problem with the cue screen on my 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T it only has 38k and looks brand new. Our local Cadillac dealership said my bumper to bumper warranty expired last month (February). This is clearly a defect in the cue screen and the dealership said it's very common. It's not spiderwebbing yet, just two long internal cracks that couldn't have possibly been caused by an external force because the screen is smooth to the touch, it's an interior crack. The dealership said that it would cost well over a thousand dollars to replace the screen.

It doesn't seem right to have to pay a premium to replace defective equipment on a car with less than 50,000 miles. I am hoping someone on this forum might have some advice for me, if Cadillac won't take care of this I will never own another GMC vehicle again. Companies should stand by their products.

-Jessica

slowroll 03-21-2017 05:28 PM

Ok car is out of warranty and local dealer has already turned you down. You can contact Cadillac Customer Assistance. They will likely ask you if you bought the car new or used. If used how long and maybe miles you have had it. If you have an extended warranty on it, If you do they may pull it up. Representatives can pull up vehicle history, just so you know. With car out by a month and not entirely uncommon issue, I don't understand why they wouldn't cover it or give maybe a 100.00 deductible as a "Goodwill or Policy" repair. Customer Assistance can't not overrule dealer they can only plead your case. If you had a confrontational discussion with the dealership personnel, you might try a different Cadillac dealer with a cooler head. Then if turned down contact Cadillac. Good Luck

AndrewN 05-11-2017 05:55 PM

I am having the same issue with my 2014 ATS. 2 weeks ago, I entered my car and noticed the screen had began webbing even though it hadn't been touched. Is this years cue defective?

slowroll 05-12-2017 11:59 AM

It's a condition that occurs it is a 2014 so go by dealer see what they say. Don't wait to see if it gets worst or Cadillac sends a letter. If for no other reason the condition will do***ented.

MiamiCadi 05-13-2017 07:47 AM

Spider Web on CUE Screen

1 Attachment(s)
Bought certified Cadi CTS 2.0 with 14K miles four days ago and this appears.

taking it back to dealer today, will let you know the results...

erik3850 05-17-2017 09:05 PM

2013 SRX CUE Screen Spiderweb Cracks

Just bought my SRX in January with about 56k miles. Been a Cadillac lover my whole life. Owned a '79 Coupe when I was 18. Love my car, but disappointed when screen cracked on a warm day in April. Seems like an obvious defect. Would sure be nice if GM replaced, or, at least, offered help. Touchscreen appears to be about $500 without labor. My car is used, but in great shape. Upsetting.

slowroll 05-18-2017 12:37 PM

The reality is you bought car out of warranty. that being the biggest thing going against you If you bought it from a Cadillac dealer,you have a relationship with a Cadillac dealer through previous cars, or the in service date has car less than 4 years old; then maybe. If GM has issued a special policy to cover them then it would be covered. You have nothing to loose be asking for help. I would try for either 50-50 split or Cadillac to pay for part and I(you) would pay labor. I think that maybe the best you can get.

assmit4 05-18-2017 02:45 PM

I'm having the same issues with my screen webbing. My 2013 SRX cue system will not work now. I am just out of the 50,000 miles warranty and I bought my car from a luxury vehicle place and not a cadillac dealership. When I contacted my local GM/ Cadillac dealership the mechanic didnt know much about fixing it. he said even if i bought a new screen from ebay, it may not work with my car. I dont know my options now.

slowroll 05-19-2017 12:49 PM

See post 12. With ebay panel You need to the P/N number on the panel you have now to be sure you get the correct one. The dealer most likely will need to program it to car.

Psilva0912 06-03-2017 11:36 PM

Ive had the same issue my cue screen cracked last week of April 2017
I was under my 50k miles but 21 days over the 4 year warranty !!!
I have been going back and forth with Cadillac care regarding this DEFECT that cue screens have and still no luck!!!!! Im waiting to hear from a supervisor or Manager because I dont feel I should pay over a thousand dollars to fix something that is a DEFECT on their end....

Psilva0912 06-03-2017 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Cadillac Customer Service (Post 51396)
Hi Jim,

Ashley R.
Cadillac Customer Care

Ashley,

I need your help !!!!
I have been going back and forth with Cadillac care since APRIL regarding this DEFECT that cue screens have and still no luck!!!!! Im waiting to hear from a supervisor or Manager because I dont feel I should pay over a thousand dollars to fix something that is a DEFECT on their end....

meraukko 06-23-2017 11:00 AM

2014 SRX Cue screen spider webbed this week!

Mine went bad this week, two or three warm days, and spider webbed! :eek:

Please advise.

Mary

meraukko 06-23-2017 11:18 AM

Ashley, just a followup as an fyi... live in NJ so not a major heatwave as the cause!

Car has about 54K miles, but believe Cadillac needs to fix this for us, no charge, clearly a defect.

regards,
Mary

mommabean 08-04-2017 10:50 AM

2014 CTS same sudden problem

1 Attachment(s)
My Cue was fine when I walked into the grocery store. Five minutes later I got back in the car and wondered what happened. It wasn't even hot outside. I only have 14,000 miles on the car and keep it parked inside my garage when not in use. The fine webbing on the right of the screen at first appeared like frost so I thought it was moisture from the AC. Upon closer inspection, it's permanent.

Today I called Field's Cadillac in St. Augustine and they said they would order a new Cue and call me next week when it comes in. No questions asked. They must know this is an issue. I get great service always by Field's so I think this repair will go smoothly.

Sorry for the sideways picture - it doesn't appear like that in my file.

kcohrn 08-16-2017 01:33 PM

Hi Jim,

Ashley R.
Cadillac Customer Care

Ashley...same problem with 2013 SRX. What can you do to help.
Thanks,
Ken Cohrn

mommabean 08-16-2017 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by mommabean (Post 53959)
My Cue was fine when I walked into the grocery store. Five minutes later I got back in the car and wondered what happened. It wasn't even hot outside. I only have 14,000 miles on the car and keep it parked inside my garage when not in use. The fine webbing on the right of the screen at first appeared like frost so I thought it was moisture from the AC. Upon closer inspection, it's permanent.

Today I called Field's Cadillac in St. Augustine and they said they would order a new Cue and call me next week when it comes in. No questions asked. They must know this is an issue. I get great service always by Field's so I think this repair will go smoothly.

Sorry for the sideways picture - it doesn't appear like that in my file.

The repair was done. The screen is good as new. I was worried I'd have to reprogram everything but that module is not part of the cue screen so everything worked as I had it set up.

shakatak57 09-16-2017 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Psilva0912 (Post 53609)
Ashley,

I need your help !!!!
I have been going back and forth with Cadillac care since APRIL regarding this DEFECT that cue screens have and still no luck!!!!! Im waiting to hear from a supervisor or Manager because I dont feel I should pay over a thousand dollars to fix something that is a DEFECT on their end....

Hey Psilva, did you get any assistance? I'm in the same boat, my screen just cracked couple weeks back 4 days after warranty expired and I have been going back and forth with Cadillac and dealership... Please let me know thanks

curiouskirs 10-18-2017 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by mrfixit143 (Post 51392)
Hi,

I came out to my 2014 SRX yesterday after not driving it for a few days. I noticed that the cue screen on the left side had some spider webbing cracks in the screen , NO impact to the screen from objects and you cant feel the cracks with your nails. I drove it for about 1 hour with the heat on and it appears to have spread into longer cracks. What gives ? I`m contacting my dealer and the Cadillac customer service department and see what they are going to do . I only have 17k on it . I HOPE they dont give me a problem and say its from abuse or misuse, it is a touch screen and I see that other Cadillac`s are having the same issue.

Jim:mad:

Wow!! This is exactly- what is happening to my 2013 cadillac srx! I replaced the whole cue computer not even 2 years ago at the dealership- and now cadillac said i must pay 500 to replace it again- and that there is no guarantee the cracking wont happen AGAIN. Im so disappointed that i am considering not repurchasing another cadillac. This is my second cadillac- had an escalade previously. I cant afford to replace this every other year and i have to replace it if i want to sell the car.

curiouskirs 10-18-2017 09:02 PM

Cue spider cracking for no apparent reason

Hi Jim,

Ashley R.
Cadillac Customer Care

Hello Ashley-
i noticed 16000 cadillac owners have viewed or complained about this issue- however cadillac is not assisting with this or changing who supplies these flawed parts on their cars?? In addition i was told i would have to pay $500 dollars to have it repaired but theres no warranty or guarantee it would not happen again.

Merockas1402 10-27-2017 07:47 PM

2013 cue screen cracked and now i have to pay

Ashely R,

i hope yoh are still out there!! I purchased a 2013 SRX brand new from our local dealership I have 49,321 miles (under the 50,000) but I am weeks out of the 5 year date from when I picked up my car.

My delaership used the new calculator information to give me a quote on fixing my CUE screen because this summers heat & then cold air conditioning put spide web cracks on this inside of the screen.

With this issue happening on 2013 & 2014 CUE systems, why should I have to pay close to $150 to have it replaced? Is there anything Cadillac can do about this? Why hasn’t a recall been issued for this problem?

Thank you.
Megan F

Di_808 12-01-2017 06:11 PM

GM dealer refused to honor warranty

I have the problem of my Cadillac que infotainment system spider cracking and a GM dealer John Miles in Conyers, GA refused to honor my bumper to bumper warranty on my 2016 SRX in which I am still under 50K miles because screen was cracked.

Sad in ATL Denise

jcluff154 12-11-2017 05:50 PM

When I purchased my first Cadillac I was certain they were all I would ever drive again. I absolutely LOVE my 2013 Cadillac SRX, however my touch screen fell victim to the heat and has spider webbing. We took it into the Cadillac dealership and because we were just over the mileage warranty they told us it was not covered. It has only gotten worse since then and now functions on the screen have stopped working. I was told it would be $1500.00 to fix it out of pocket. Now to top it off, my seat warmers have both stopped working. When I turn them on, they shut off 3 seconds later. I am feeling very torn because I can still say to this day that I LOVE my car but with these issues popping up my love of Cadillac is slowly dwindling. Is there anything Cadillac will do to help with the screen issue?

Masonlyle 01-01-2018 02:08 PM

Same problem

[
I need help with this same problem! QUOTE=Cadillac Customer Service;51396]Hi Jim,

Ashley R.
Cadillac Customer Care[/QUOTE]

jcluff154 01-01-2018 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Masonlyle (Post 54569)
[[left]I need help with this same problem! QUOTE=Cadillac Customer Service;51396]Hi Jim,

Ashley R.
Cadillac Customer Care

[/QUOTE]

Ashley,

We were not able to get this repaired yet. When it initially cracked we were less than 2,000 miles over our warranty, but the dealership did not want to help us out in any way. We researched and found this is such a common problem that we are surprised it is not a warranty recall. The Cadillac Dealership is willing to repair it, but it is $1,500 for the CUE system because they can't replace just the screen. This does not include the several hours of installation charges on top of that. We are just disappointed that in a brand as quality as Cadillac that they would have such a common problem amongst their product lines with almost absolutely no fair resolution for their loyal client base. At this point we don't know what to do other than swallow a near $2,000 repair cost after installation and sales tax and move on.

indicharles 01-02-2018 01:14 PM

Cadillac SRX 2013 - Screen not working and webbing

I've only had my SRX since July 2017 and the screen has already completely stopped working and spider webbing. I've noticed that a lot of people have had this issue. For people who have gone through this, what did you do? Did you have to get the screen replaced? It seems crazy to spend the thousand plus dollars to do that on something that is not your fault.

Any advice here would be SO appreciated!

BRudge 02-20-2018 11:10 AM

Hi Jim,

Ashley R.
Cadillac Customer Care

Reporting very same problem for my 2014 SRX. I live in the northeast and I purchased this vehicle new. About a year ago, I noticed what I thought was a small scratch in the very top left corner of the screen, but it appeared to be internal. At first, I thought it was something that I may have missed at vehicle delivery so I never reported it. This winter (no heat!), I noticed that the spider web pattern has slowly started to develop. The screen is still responding to touch, but I am worried it will only get worse over time. Unfortunately, I have relocated from the state where I purchased the vehicle, so I have been forced to take it to a different dealer to look at. They indicate it is not covered under warranty (also unfortunate since I am now over mileage for bumper-bumper coverage) and are providing me with a quote. Have any of you who have reported this problem here received any type of response or assistance from 'Cadillac Customer Care'? I see no way to send a private message through CadillacForum, so I am wondering if these messages are just going into a 'black hole'...!

Cadillac Customer Service 03-14-2018 01:52 AM

We regret to hear of your concerns with your CUE screen on your 2014 SRX. We are here to help the best we can and review vehicle concerns on a case-by-case basis. We would like an opportunity to address your situation further. Please send us an e-mail at socialmedia@gm.com "ATTN: Kell" and we'll be able to assist you further. We look forward to your response there.

Kell S.
Cadillac Customer Care

rqstudio 03-18-2018 12:51 PM

I've read about several problems that keep popping up on these cars. One was condensation in the R. headlight and guess what? The first time it rains in Los Angeles in 3 years and I get water in the headlight and the lamp goes out! Maybe some preventive maintenance like caulking the lens would have helped? Now I'm wondering about this screen... Do you people use the touch feature a lot? Do you have kids that may not be as delicate as they should be? Why do you think this happened, am I next?

Zach 03-23-2018 02:29 PM

Thing to remember about a CPO Cadillac is that the 6 year warranty / 100,000 mi. is from the original purchase date of the car from the previous owner .
Ex. , I bought a 2016 SRX Premium and since it was originally leased for 1.5 years all I get for the CPO program is 4.5 years B2B . Not complaining , but people really need to read that good ol' fine print .

Alex Karakcheyev 04-19-2018 07:38 PM

CUE issue - cracked on the first hot day

2014 CUE system, it was replaced under warranty in 2015. Now it cracks and dealership discount repairs to $1200. I don’t feel like I have to pay anything for the defective CUE. This is a luxury car I paid 90K. Why do I have to pay 1200-1800$ every next year for the factory defective CUE ????

Cadillac went downhill in quality a HUGE deal last years.

CUE must be recalled ! Any help or suggestion how we can have a law-suite against GM is greatly appreciated.

my3sons 05-03-2018 07:11 AM

CUE SCREEN LIFTING- looks like spider web

I have 2016 ATS 3.6, 21000 miles, never toughed screen but for finder tips. Regarding "cracks", Its not cracks on mine-. The touch Screen is likely lifting off the display. This happened on first warm day over 80f in NY while parked. The lines are smooth and rounded at ends when one looks close-not actual cracks in glass or plastic. Touch screens are mounted on top of display-likely use glues. Called dealer but sadly they need to SEE it first. Then remove it, inspect, then order it. Not happy this will cost excess time, best be under warranty. 100% sure this is defective mounting or materials. My first Cadi-lets see how this goes.

Update: 5-7-18 The dealer service mgr kindly called back today and said they didn't need to see my CUE screen. But they also said they needed to order one since they are out of screens. Likely this is a well known defect, and they cant keep the screens in stock. Still hope they don't send me a bill after the work, and I hope they don't install another defect waiting to happen. A service bulletin should explain this, so were is one? Heat, time, and bend seems to influence these radial lines in the back screen glue. I have 1 yr left to initial warranty.
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cad...7422b0a858.pngSpider web lifting of CUE screen-after 1 warm day in NY (not warm like FLA)

panzar5 05-03-2018 09:05 AM

CUE screen cracks

My ATS is 2014 with 49,000 miles. I bought it new. Had small patch of lines/cracks since last fall in upper right corner. Parked car in garage since last week unused and now screen is about 50% covered with lines. Seems like a real issue with other owners so clearly a defect. Appointment next week with my dealer in Connecticut. Need to know Cadillac will do the right thing and replace/repair.

rqstudio 05-05-2018 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by panzar5 (Post 54899)
My ATS is 2014 with 49,000 miles. I bought it new. Had small patch of lines/cracks since last fall in upper right corner. Parked car in garage since last week unused and now screen is about 50% covered with lines. Seems like a real issue with other owners so clearly a defect. Appointment next week with my dealer in Connecticut. Need to know Cadillac will do the right thing and replace/repair.

I hope you get this taken care of under warranty... And I hope others get any/all of their repairs done before warranties run out, I know how you can put things off and miss the cut-off dates. Good luck! And if you live in CA make sure your headlamps don't leak!

umarica 05-06-2018 08:04 PM

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cad...cd8738924a.jpgBottom left screen crack
Need guidance. A couple of hours ago a spider web type crack appeared on the bottom left side of my 2016 CTS4 CUE screen. The damage is not the result of an impact what so ever and I am at a loss for words. I bought the vehicle new and at the time of purchase the original CUE screen was similarly damaged but I was told that it had been cracked. I waited for the replacement screen to arrive for some time, due to back order. The current CUE screen is less than one year old. I suspect that the screens have some sort of defect. At the same time; when I got in the car and notice damaged screen the internal temprature read 103°, perhaps it is heat related. Please advise accordingly as the dealer is closed today and I was hoping for prompt attention to the matter.

Thanks in advance

Rwilliams 05-07-2018 01:24 PM

Cadillac SRX 2015 Cue Spider Webbing

I came out to my vehicle this morning to find my cue has spider webbed. I called the dealership and they cannot tell me if it will be covered with my extended bumper to bumper warranty. Seems to me to be a defeat and my husband and I was looking into purchasing his first Cadillac. Think I will wait to see what happens with this. I also asked if there was any recalls on the cue, and of course there isn't at this time. I see all the complaints and it sickens me to think we pay all this money for a vehicle that in my opinion has a defect with the cue, and no recalls.

I will update everyone after my appointment this afternoon.

Rebecca