Cadillac Seville The Cadillac luxury combined with a performance sedan feel

Thinking about purchasing...?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 04:19 PM
Default Thinking about purchasing...?

Ok, so i figure would consult you guys about my caddy purchase first. It is a 1996 Seville with 90,000 miles. The sts of course. There are a few problems with it that i was just wondering the cost of replacement, and difficulty of jobs.

- Winshield Washer Fluid tank either cracked, of the house that comes out of there has came loose, cant tell because its so dam covered and since i was just test driving it and stuff i didnt want to tear it apart. How hard is the tank to replace?
- Leaks a tiny bit of oil towards the front of the engine, I have heard that this is just little imperfections in the block that wouldnt really be too big of worry.
- Power lock on pasenger side not working, there isnt like some kinda switch that makes it not work is there? Ha. I sounds like its trying to but just cant get up, anyone had this problem?

Here is the big one....

The license plate mounting bracket is cracked, then when we went underneath we saw the bumper had a crack in it aswell that someone had fixed with some jerry rigged way. Now I could either JUST fix the license plate mounting bracket, or i could raplace the bumper and license plate mounting brakcet, does wnyone know where to get these parts, and how much they cost. If I just replaced the license plate bracket the crack on the bumper wouldnt show, but then i would have to live with knowing it was there so id rather just get them both done.

Is it worth 3800$? It runs great, and the tranny shifts beautifully and everything drives beautifully. JW your opinions.

Old 01-22-2008, 12:43 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Thinking about purchasing...?

ORIGINAL: Kanos

Ok, so i figure would consult you guys about my caddy purchase first. It is a 1996 Seville with 90,000 miles. The sts of course. There are a few problems with it that i was just wondering the cost of replacement, and difficulty of jobs.

- Winshield Washer Fluid tank either cracked, of the house that comes out of there has came loose, cant tell because its so dam covered and since i was just test driving it and stuff i didnt want to tear it apart. How hard is the tank to replace?
- Leaks a tiny bit of oil towards the front of the engine, I have heard that this is just little imperfections in the block that wouldnt really be too big of worry.
- Power lock on pasenger side not working, there isnt like some kinda switch that makes it not work is there? Ha. I sounds like its trying to but just cant get up, anyone had this problem?

Here is the big one....

The license plate mounting bracket is cracked, then when we went underneath we saw the bumper had a crack in it aswell that someone had fixed with some jerry rigged way. Now I could either JUST fix the license plate mounting bracket, or i could raplace the bumper and license plate mounting brakcet, does wnyone know where to get these parts, and how much they cost. If I just replaced the license plate bracket the crack on the bumper wouldnt show, but then i would have to live with knowing it was there so id rather just get them both done.

Is it worth 3800$? It runs great, and the tranny shifts beautifully and everything drives beautifully. JW your opinions.
just about every used car has something that needs fixing.
my standard recommendation is set about $1,000 to fix little things.

that is why i like to see people pay $1,000+ under blue book.

a '96 car, probably salvage yards or ebay are your best bets for parts.