Cadillac Seville The Cadillac luxury combined with a performance sedan feel

2001 Seville SLS Service Engine Lamp issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 12:23 PM
Exclamation 2001 Seville SLS Service Engine Lamp issue

Hi All,

Hope I can get some help with this nagging problem. When I turn the Ignition on and leave the engine off, the Service Engine Soon lamp will not light up but all other lamps work. I figured it would be the lamp itself so I pulled the Dash and Cluster, replaced the lamp and re-assembled everything. Well, the lamp still doesn't work.

The really bad part is that my New Hampshire Emissions test requires that this lamp work. I really don't have a clue where to look next so Please help.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:42 AM
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Kingrichard
Hi All,

Hope I can get some help with this nagging problem. When I turn the Ignition on and leave the engine off, the Service Engine Soon lamp will not light up but all other lamps work. I figured it would be the lamp itself so I pulled the Dash and Cluster, replaced the lamp and re-assembled everything. Well, the lamp still doesn't work.

The really bad part is that my New Hampshire Emissions test requires that this lamp work. I really don't have a clue where to look next so Please help.

Is there anybody out there willing or able to help with this problem? I'm hoping not to just throw parts at the car to eliminate this problem. A connector pin-out for the cluster, a schematic of the wiring for the Service Engine lamp, or a block diagram showing the signal paths would be really helpful. Please help a poor, old, Caddy owner.