Cadillac PininFarina Allante A joint venture with Coachbuilder PininFarina to design and build the Cadillac two top convertible roadster of the 1980's.

Re-programming radio and setting clock issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 07:38 PM
Default Re-programming radio and setting clock issue

I am considering a purchase of a 1991 Allante. The owner told me the battery was removed for two days and then replaced with a new battery. Since that time, the clock and the radio do not work. (I think the clock just needs to be re-set, but the radio is not working since the removal of the battery.) Is this an easy repair/re-setting, or will I have to visit a dealer to repair the clock and radio? I appreciate your help! Thanks!

Old 03-26-2009, 02:03 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by theatreman
I am considering a purchase of a 1991 Allante. The owner told me the battery was removed for two days and then replaced with a new battery. Since that time, the clock and the radio do not work. (I think the clock just needs to be re-set, but the radio is not working since the removal of the battery.) Is this an easy repair/re-setting, or will I have to visit a dealer to repair the clock and radio? I appreciate your help! Thanks!

No dealer needed to set the clock .. easy to do .. the instructions are in the OWNER's Manual.

now .. what do you mean by "clock and radio do not work" .. the removal of a battery should have no effect other than losing the settings, stations, that sort of thing. they should work.

if no sound comes out, the problem is not the battery. it is a BOSE system and repairs can go from $50 to $500.

need more details ...

Last edited by Stealth; 03-26-2009 at 02:05 AM.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:30 AM
Default Update

Car is three states away. I don't have access to the owner's manual at this time.

The owner states the radio worked fine before he had the battery replaced. I have

asked for more details -- does radio turn on, provide sound, etc. I'll post with the

information. Thanks