Cadillac PininFarina Allante A joint venture with Coachbuilder PininFarina to design and build the Cadillac two top convertible roadster of the 1980's.

done with my 93?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: done with my 93?

ORIGINAL: wcoates

Hope someday to be with ya all in some little bar from Key Largo to Key West stacking beer cans with Fox's lil umbrellas in them. Fox just don't ask about my '71 Mille Miglia Red LS6 unless you get kicks from seeing an old man crying crocodile tears!
Said it before, I'll say it again. Y'all fly in to Ft. Liquordale, a limo will pick you up. One night at my house next few days in the keys. Zal, Fox, bill, even ole Zin, more then welcome. Hell, might as well get katzman and slowroll. Wanna see how good you techs are after I got you all liquored up.

Fox, American iron yes, Dodge no. There is another factor that corvette will retain more then 50% of value after three years, afterall I won't keep it forever.

Old 03-21-2008, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

Bill,

one ragtop is not enough. I got several and it feels just right - for now.
only one is a 4 seater, the others are 2 seaters.

I went through the Vette stage long ago. You all know where my taste is, shown in this thread.
https://www.cadillacforum.com/m_18401/tm.htm

I enjoy the comfort of the Allante and endure the pains that hit now and then. I love the comfort
and power of the MK VII LSC even more, but there are lots of them here and a ragtop it is not.

I enjoy driving a car that no one in town has .. uniqueness is important in a world of clones.
ME dont fit any mold, by any means, or at least I like to think that way.

As much as I love the new Vettes, there are lots and lots of them here, ditto on all the Porsches,
BMW's, MB's, Audi, Z cars, Chargers, Lincolns, etc .. etc ... I can count a dozen of each of those
every hour on Main St here. Allantes ..nope, not a one unless mine is out of the cave.

you can learn a lot about me & cars in this thread:
https://www.cadillacforum.com/m_2019..._3/key_/tm.htm

So Bill, no .. IF I had a Vette at this point, I would NOT sell it unless I needed cash to feed the kids,
maybe not even then .. we can still go hunting. The Allante .. well, as unique as they are, there are
lots of them FOR-SALE, cheap .. a great time to upgrade if you so wish to do that.

=====================

Maybe we should create a Vette Owners that once owned an Allante section or Allante Owners that once owned a Vette section ?

Old 03-21-2008, 03:06 PM
Tech Certified Members

Well, GARY - hot American Iron that isn't Dodge -

We are moving out of your price range then... GT40s Saleens...

Corvettes do give a lot of bang for the buck -if only they didn't look so, well, Corvette like.

And woo hoo - Fort Liquordale - home of tiny umbrellas... and tiny bikinis... and after too many tiny umbrellas - no tiny bikinis

Do we get to start drinking in the limo?

Old 03-21-2008, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: foxpaws

Corvettes do give a lot of bang for the buck -if only they didn't look so, well, Corvette like.

And woo hoo - Fort Liquordale - home of tiny umbrellas... and tiny bikinis... and after too many tiny umbrellas - no tiny bikinis

Allow me to organize what I just read

.home of .. tiny bikinis

.after too many tiny umbrellas - no tiny bikinis

.hot American Iron

.woo hoo

.We are moving

.in the limo

.a lot of bang

.woo hoo

dang .. i'm now in a cold sweat ...

Old 03-21-2008, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

You betchem red rider!!

Old 03-24-2008, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator

hey Bill,

another car w/o the grill pimple ...
its catching on.

picture provided by a member .. thanks

Old 03-24-2008, 10:19 PM
Location: Canfield, Ohio (halfway between Cleveland and Pittsburgh)

Put the pimple in the glove box if you're worried about someone insisting on originality before making you an outlandish offer.

Love the painted ground effects but do not care for the red grille. Aren't opinions wonderful?

Old 03-25-2008, 02:25 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: wcoates

Put the pimple in the glove box if you're worried about someone insisting on originality before making you an outlandish offer.

Love the painted ground effects but do not care for the red grille. Aren't opinions wonderful?

By George .. I think you really got it.

Often, Cadillac is about NO CHOICE .. one must remember that Pinifarina had NO CHOCE on the grill,
well damn it, WE DO.

OFF with the pimple, OFF with the chrome .. i'm thinking BLACK .. Grill with NO pimple in Black.
I gave up on originality .. hmmm .. wait .. did I ever really have that attitude?
I'm not much of a chrome / gold guy .. so i like the OEM rims, but we are talking going GLOSS BLACK with
GLOSS SILVER outer rim edge. Maybe I can get someone to do the Adobe thing and see how they look.

my kid says that a "satin black" would look good and Stealty on my triple black .. under consideration.

then again, i cant go as far as this guy in his Bahama Blue .. maybe if he took off the pimple and put the top down .. After carefully looking at the pic, I see why he went BAHAMA .. makes him forget the snow.

have you noticed that a lot of the Allante colors dont look so hot with a hard top? I think the Blacks, the Montana Blue, the Polo Green, the Metalic Blue, the pearl white, look good in a hard top. None of them look good with the grill badge.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:35 AM
Super Moderator

from another era .. a note to me ...

something I have noticed, the transfer of the '93s .. yet to no avail, I have tried to understand.
I also see more trashed '91s and '92s than any other year model, more '91 / '92 at the salvage yards
than any other model.

the '93 owners are the most populous and the loudest on the old argument of the best car but trade their cars more often, the '92 / '91 become donors the most often.

what is noted in these thoughts is happening more now than ever. Difference is, there were more '93s made
than both '91s & '92s put together, with the '92s having the lowest qty of any year at 1,933 units - a handful
of those VIN "10" hard top cars and fewer being Triple Black "10" cars.

If one follows this subject trend to its logical end, the market will run out of '92 much sooner than '93 cars.
Will that mean higher prices and becoming a collectible? Probably not .. it just means they will not be out
there for-sale.

=================================

ORIGINAL: G.A.R.Y.

"Johnny Monzo" <itsonlyluv@comcast.net> wrote:

I have a 1993 Allante for sale 55,000 miles , Polo Green , tan interior , Analog dash , garage kept . Please call me at 410-343-3509 or email me an I can email you current photos . Price I am selling the car for is $6900.00 . Have lost interest in this car , need to make room in my garage for other new cars .

Best Regards ,
Ron
By .. name withheld

Zal:

I'm not sure what effect the 90.5 has on anything. I'm not sure Allante buyers knew the difference between them at the time. The "Electric" soft top was a fraud.

As much as I like my top's virtually pure hand-operation with just the windshield header latches being electric, I've gotta say that the claims made for those latches are fraudulent. Many ads in e-Bay for Allantes refer to these as "Electric top" or "automatic top." which is a humbug.

My reasoning for the 91 being lower on percentages in the database is, I have the impression that, for some strange reason, 91 Allantes seem to get trashed more often than the others . . . I have utterly no clue why that would be. George Bush 41 was busy kicking Saddam's *** when the 91s were being delivered . . . Who knows. Perhaps 91 buyers possessed more "brio" and ran 'em harder. Who knows?

As to the 93s, they change hands much more often than the others. Out of proportion to the degree to which they outnumber each earlier year. I don't think owners "love" the 93 as deeply as the earlier cars, and I cannot think of a rational reason for that.

I could put tigether a convincing sales pitch for just about any year Allante, including the 93. If I had a 93, I'd probably love it as much as I do Max. But it wouldn't have the Recaros, It wouldn't have the redundant lighting system, it wouldn't have the magnificent Bosch III ABS/TCS (a dubious distinction shared by the earlier cars). What the 93 Allante is is a Seville in an Allante shell, with a Northstar power train, but beautiful, as are they all.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:52 AM

This thread has been running long enough without my two cents worth. First, I bought my car because it was a cadillac. I would have been happier if it had been made entirely in the U.S. but the italy thing is a good conversation piece. Grille "dimple?" I would never think of changing. It's "Cadillac." (Only thing I have added to my caris a gold Cadillac medallion to my center brake light) As far as development in the series, I would still take my 87 over any of the others. Of course the 4.5's added more horsepower but I believe you would have found no owners of the 4.1's looking for "more horses" in this car. Phase two tops? just a more complex system to "bugger" up an already badly designed operation. Now we get to the "93's" NOW we finally get to a Cadillac, with Cadillac seats and comfort. More Cadillac than sportscar so something else had to be added and they went "under the hood" to do so. First off, there go the brakes! Admittedly one of the best systems in the industry as far as performance but becoming quite troublesome with some mention of "class suits." So back to standard Cadillac brakes. Now we throw in the Northstar. Not because the car needs all that power but because it is the prettiest power plant under the hood of any U.S. car. (Look at that beautifull V12, Jaguar fooled with for a while.)
So there you go. One other opinion. On my car, I dislike the soft top and the placement of the sideview mirrors. I could probably get used to those mirrors if my car was a daily driver but no amount of time in the car would change my opinion of the top!

Quick Reply: done with my 93?