No SES light - No Fuel - Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 08:58 AM
Default No SES light - No Fuel - Help!

I have a 1991 fleetwood brougham. Car died unexpectedly the other day. Checked the injectors, no fuel. First checked the Fuel pump and relay - works good. Then checked the Injector fuse - good. Checked signal to injectors, no go on the noid light. All wiring seems good, so I slap another computer in there - still no go. Then I notice that the Service Engine Soon light doesn't light when I turn the key on? I check the dash light - its good. Check the fuse for the ECU and it is good. Try to start it again - it starts! What happened, i really didn't do anything to fix it - I would really like to know what happened so that I can fix it for good and it won't happen again. Only thing I can think of is that the fuse to the ECU was loose or corroded? Would love to have a wiring diagram if someone has it. Thanks for the help.
Jason

Old 05-07-2008, 12:12 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: No SES light - No Fuel - Help!

ORIGINAL: wilke_jb

I have a 1991 fleetwood brougham. Car died unexpectedly the other day. Checked the injectors, no fuel. First checked the Fuel pump and relay - works good. Then checked the Injector fuse - good. Checked signal to injectors, no go on the noid light. All wiring seems good, so I slap another computer in there - still no go. Then I notice that the Service Engine Soon light doesn't light when I turn the key on? I check the dash light - its good. Check the fuse for the ECU and it is good. Try to start it again - it starts! What happened, i really didn't do anything to fix it - I would really like to know what happened so that I can fix it for good and it won't happen again. Only thing I can think of is that the fuse to the ECU was loose or corroded? Would love to have a wiring diagram if someone has it. Thanks for the help.
Jason

get the CODES .. probably HISTORY CODES at this point.
post them.