Good things come in 3's

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2019, 11:18 PM
Default Good things come in 3's

So do problems, my 1996 Limo has clips that hold decorative trim around back window. A while back the trim pulled loose, I found nylon clip broke and
moving trim broke another. They are brittle, and though I got remaining clips to hold the holes while not water tight are open and rain wet trunk.
I dried trunk and found leak(I Think) they used self tapping screws to hold base trim that decorates vinyl roof and water came in from self tapper.
The trim clips are obsolete (of course) another item the search for.

Water pump was replaced before I got car, but care must taken with those LT1 water pump seals, and of course it leaks, not water, but oil because it mounts
to cam drive that lubes with oil.

Now a clunk had been happening when accelerating to freeway on curved on ramp, not bad so I didn't get concerned, until another clunk came from rear of car.
I checked body to frame mounts and though some were loose and 1 missing in rear, I tightened and replaced missing mount, but noise continued.
Noise has increased so I checked wheels lugs and while checking for bad bearings, pulling on wheel made clunk.
I believe backlash is problem, but due to shim wear or worse? The manual says rear axle stamped with model #s but no numbers to be found and also a tab on the differential cover bolts is missing. Likely the monkeys that last worked or inspected unit threw them away.

Only 80k miles but so many things go wrong with 24 year old car.