Bad Limo....ouch!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 10:14 PM
Default Bad Limo....ouch!

I was testing the seat positions in my 1996 fleetwood limo the other day. I found the driver side far rear seat belt stuck, the male clip would not move
because the belt had folded over and jammed in the mechanism. I finally was able to free it nearly pulling my arm.
Then I went to the middle seats: now I have to say,they were shutting down production of this car type and quality doesn't seem to be quite on their minds.
The middle seats aren't up to the quality of the front or rear seats, any way as usual the seat belt had slipped down the crack between the back and seat portion of the
seat. As I searched for the belt clip my finger got a good jab. I bled and then got a flashlight to see what was the culprit was. To my surprise all the hog rings that
assemble the leather fabric are exposed in the crack and running my hand carefully along the crack revealed ring after sharp ring points exposed and waiting for
an unsuspecting hand.
I now have to figure a way to solve this, it's either sloppy or not thought out, that left this situation.
It reminds me of my Saturn, the sunvisors work awful. GM has been making cars for 100 years, how can you screw up sunvisors and leave sharp points exposed
in seat assembly's?
Beware limo owners!