1996 Fleetwood Limousine Review

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 10:01 PM
Default 1996 Fleetwood Limousine Review

Hello everyone! I thought you all might like this video which is all about the quirks and features of this 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Limousine. It is a six door Fleetwood which was stretched by Superior in Lima Ohio. I hope you will enjoy this video and be sure to check out some of my other Cadillac reviews if you'd like!

Link:

Old 11-17-2019, 11:38 PM

I have a white Superior that I drive around town, it gets plenty of looks. It still looks good inside and out but wasn't taken as good care on the outside as I would have preferred. Mine doesn't have traction and I have found a few errors on mine, but I got it for a fairly good price so can't complain too much. Took a radio out of a Buick
around the same time that had CD player option. It looks really close to cad radio and this Buick radio cassette and cd works better than original radio.
I have quirks with some of the lights and you will find over time parts for the FE7 heavy duty suspension will be tough to find....enjoy

Old 11-27-2019, 09:09 PM

Very nice! White is also a fantastic color on these Fleetwoods, I'm sure it gets lots of stares. I would certainly be staring at it! What color is your interior? Is it maroon like this limo? That's pretty smart of you to switch out the radio, I wish that this Limo had a CD player, although my dad has lots of old cassettes lying around so there's lots to listen to haha. Thank you so much for the advice, I really appreciate it!

Old 01-28-2020, 11:40 PM

Hi,
My Cad has blue interior, the black cars with black interiors are most striking.
You know that the "Federal " version Federal coach company did things a bit differently.
They powered the center windows, but controlled them from the center doors only not the drivers door.
Also, they put rear a/c controls under dash ash tray, not eliminating drivers a/c vent.
The center seat has a finished carpeted base with a/c ducts extending to rear seats on floor.

If you saw my other posts, watch out for hog rings in the fold of the center seat. I ran my hand looking for seat buckle and
dirt and got cut by them.

I got the car weighed the other day and it was 5450 lbs the door label says about 7400 lbs gvw
I wonder what the difference is, maybe the gvw includes the predicted weight of 9 passengers.

Last edited by quadcad; 01-28-2020 at 11:45 PM. Reason: new info
Old 01-30-2020, 10:06 AM

That's very interesting! It is fascinating how different coach builders took different directions when making their limousines. A very interesting on that my dad pointed out to me was a four door 1996 Fleetwood that was stretched in the back seat to give it more room in the back while still retaining four doors instead of six. It really reminded me of the four door limousines that Cadillac used to make. The limousine in my video was probably intended to be used by funeral homes but it sounds like the Federal version was a bit more sophisticated, maybe it was a little more expensive and intended for those who wanted to be driven in a limousine? Very neat stuff!

Old 01-30-2020, 11:17 PM

I was reading the other day that while the 1996 was the last year of these kind of Limos, there were a few made later and some instead of cutting the car in half, cut in thirds to add the 6 inches one place and another to achieve more room.
It said to the untrained eye , the changes were almost unnoticeable unless the base model was side by side.
Also there was a "24 hour" version of our cars that had the center seat that flipped backwards and slid on a track to allow face to face rear and center seating.
There was a real good website recently that had great stats on these cars but for some reason has gone .

I emailed Superior and thought I might get some interesting matereial info on my car but all they sent me was copy of build request and dealer that sold car
I did get original price, but it was only 1 page of info.

Last edited by quadcad; 01-30-2020 at 11:20 PM. Reason: new information