Cadillac Escalade The full sized sport utility vehicle that has combined the versatility of an SUV with the luxury associated with the Cadillac name

Overmiles on Lease & Onstar

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 11:01 AM
Default Overmiles on Lease & Onstar

I purchased a 2008 Escalade on a GM Lease and will be over miles on the lease.

I plan on purchasing the car, but am afraid that Onstar reports the current miles to GMAC finance.

If they do this, they will know that I have to buy truck and won't negotiate the price with me.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Old 10-25-2008, 10:35 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: Overmiles on Lease & Onstar

you will have to sign a legal do***ent stating the current miles, and the vehicle will be inspected at the end of your lease. .....you also signed at inception, a $$amount that you could buy the vehicle for, at end of term.

sorry..... to answer your question ....yes your miles can be "reported"...... to gmac?????? probobly not, but im sure they could ask a few people .....if you know what i mean....

make sure you negotiate with GMAC .....not the dealer........ the dealer does not own the car, GMAC does lol...(the dealer could own the car very easily, and would love to sell it to you)........ look at your contract for the price that you and GMAC agreed on for your "buy out" atend of term ......work from that number..... good luck

thought: leasing hasturned so sour that GM, FORD, and Chrysler has put the halt on it ....no more leasing!!! theyhave lost too much money on leases.

rickyd

give it a shot, and good luck