Cadillac Escalade The full sized sport utility vehicle that has combined the versatility of an SUV with the luxury associated with the Cadillac name

Burnt out interior lights in 02'Escalade

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 10:04 PM
Default Burnt out interior lights in 02'Escalade

I could use a little help with the following :
(1) Drivers door acessory lights - not all are out but I have lost both lights for the front window controls. I can't seem to get the control module apart because it looks like the actual control buttons have to come off to accomplish this. If so how do you get the actual control buttons off without breaking something up
(2) Steering Wheel - on the left handside there are lite buttons for changing the program on the CD player and scanning.....both are burnt out. I have absolutely no idea how to get to them
(3) Center Console Information Center - I did manage to get this module aprt but found the lights are actually soldered to a circuit board....Do you think I can buy replacement bulbs and try to resolder ?
Thanks for your advice ......Mike

Old 05-10-2006, 02:51 AM
Default RE: Burnt out interior lights in 02'Escalade

My '00 DHS has had several interior button lights go out over the years. The bulb is actually integral to the switch, so the entire switch must be replaced. Out of warranty, this is expensive due to the part but especially the labor. I currently have a couple switches on the driver's door (memory seat buttons) out, but it's not worth the $200 to replace them as they are secondary controls rarely used, and not hard to find in the dark. I would probably pay the $ for more frequently used and more visible lights. I can't understand whe the bulb life is so short considering the difficulty and expense of fixing them.