parking brake malfunction - Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Old 03-17-2017, 10:04 AM

Default parking brake malfunction

on my recent purchase of o1 el I engaged the parking brake as i was on a incline.....when started the car and depressed the brake and shifted to reverse , then drive the parking brake did not disengage, no matter what i did......finally saw behind the parking brake a yellow tab that can manually disengage the brake and all was well...........however, the parking brake light remained lit on the cluster..........called the service dept at dealer, said pull up on brake and yellow tab at same time and that would trigger the switch that controls the light, did that and light went out on the cluster...............just info that maybe someone out there may need......(pushed the brake again on level ground and still did not disengage, fixed it again and will know for future what to do)
Old 03-17-2017, 01:27 PM

Good advice. Is your cruise control working? Sometimes a vacuum leak in that system can cause the p-brake to not work properly.
Old 03-17-2017, 02:00 PM

cruise working fine......me thinks cable is problem..........no worries, no money changed hands