Cadillac Eldorado This classic Caddy still stands today for complete luxury.

NEED HELP: Dealer Liability?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 02:55 PM
Angry NEED HELP: Dealer Liability?

Okay, here's the short. I lost my keys while I was out in the woods. I had my car towed to a Cadillac dealership and they told me that I would need to have my lock cylinder replaced so that they could make a new key. When I got my car back I realized my blinker was stiff and it wouldn't hold when I pushed it up. The dealership told me that since my car is so old they wouldn't fix it. I brushed it off. Yesterday I took my car on the highway and was experiencing something strange with my cruise control. The car would run normally on CC but then would gas itself two or three times and shut CC off. By the time I got to my destination the button was dead and it wouldn't work altogether. I also noticed that my speedometer was malfunctioning. It was slow to show acceleration and whenever I got up past 65 it would start flailing and waving around. My question is: does the dealership have any liability to fix this? I know that they had to remove the wiring for the blinker just to get to the ignition cylinder, and I'm frankly shocked that a certified Cadillac dealership would hand me back a car that is actually in worse condition than the car that I had given them in the first place. If anyone has had this kind of problem before I would really appreciate your feedback.