03 DTS not turning over without gas pedal

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 02:01 PM
Default 03 DTS not turning over without gas pedal

Hey guys! I've been a long time reader on this forum, first time posting. Right off the bat I'd like to thank all of you for all the help, this is my first vehicle and I can honestly say I didn't know squat about automotives before owning my Caddy but after all the work I've put into her I'm somewhat adept now!!

I'm posting today because this reoccurring problem has returned and it's very frustrating!! I'm not going to go into detail of all the work I've put into her, but as of late I had all the signs of a problem with my TPS, so I replaced it and it sloved all my problems!! However, just yesterday it started again where it doesn't want to turn over unless I give it a little bit of gas.

This happened last year and I cleaned the ECB/TCB and plenum and all that good stuff, so I did it again this morning, it was slightly dirty but didn't seem to make a difference. So I'm going to keep doing some research into what could be the cause of this, but any kind of insight would be highly appreciated!! Thanks!

I should add, the only engine code I can pull up is the generic 0506, which is just high idle rpm. My idling has been an issue since the start, and with this new emergence of a problem, it seems to idle low at the very start (like 400rpm) and then it runs fine once I get it on the road, even in idle (say around 750-1000). And when I first start it, it's a bit rough as in it takes me a little bit more pressure on the gas pedal to get her moving.