Default 03 cadillac dts wont idle.

first off the error codes
ddm b3832 current
IPM B0429 current
IRC U1016 history
IRC B2463 current
PDM B3832 current
RSS C0582 current

i got this car and it was trouble from the start. shouldn't have bothered, but i fell in love when i saw it on the lot. so far iv had a sensor in the transmission replaced, new front struts put in (non air suspension), new power steering rack, new battery, new radio, fixed the ground connections in both the back seat and under the hood, two window regulators.

i have two problems with it now that are pretty serious, the first being that i can't get it to idle. it did this once before and i thought it was the battery. the battery light would come on right after it idled. so i replaced the batter and it worked fine for about 2 1/2 months. it has just started doing it again. i can get it to start if i press on the gas, but as soon as i let go it stalls. the battery light does come on after it stalls again.

the second problem is i get a message coming up saying service suspension system and limited to 90 mph. i dont ever really go over 90 mph but iv been told that it makes it so i can't go into overdrive on the highway. and its a problem i would just like to get fixed.

im not super car savy so if i have forgotten any information just ask for it and ill try to get it, i may need to ask for help on how to do it. any ideas on how much it will cost to fix/how difficult it would be to fix are greatly appreciated.

thanks for your time and help in advance.

Old 02-16-2014, 07:00 AM

The stalling issue is pretty frequent with Cadillacs - and a relatively easy fix. It is the Idle Air Control Valve. It's probably dirty. On my 2002 Deville (Northstar V8), it is located near the intake. Look it up online on how to remove it, clean it up with a stiff brush (it should be silver - not black), drive it for a few miles, and it should be OK. If it's broken, it's not all that expensive to replace.

I'm not sure about the suspension, as my Deville (Base Model) does not have the electronic suspension.

TS

Old 02-17-2014, 08:35 PM

ok, thanks for the help. ill let you know how it turns out!

Old 02-18-2014, 03:33 PM

it worked! thank you so much, i can now drive it! if anybody could help me with the other above mentioned problems i would be extremely grateful!

i am also wondering how much does the dealership cover in their diagnostics? im wondering if the hundred they want covers just one thing that is wrong or if they do a whole car inspection kinda thing. thanks in advanced!

im starting to think of selling my car and getting something different, this one has had 5 grand in repairs this year. i keep thinking "i got it fixed what could go wrong now?" and then something else goes wrong. ha

Old 02-19-2014, 09:56 AM

I have a different view... instead of saying it needs repairs, say it needs RESTORATION! Anyway, dealers' diagnostics are usually based on what the OBD (On-Board Diagnostics) say, and what the owner says. For instance, the fuel pump does not have a diagnostics code, so if it fails, you have to tell them. Same with brakes or fluid leaks.

In terms of your other issue, click HERE for a start. It sounds like the suspension light has a lot of causes.

TS