Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

Suspension help

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 12:27 PM
Default Suspension help

So i have a 2002 deville dts and have been having troubles with the suspension. About 3 years ago i switched from the magnetic front struts to standard struts. And now those are bad already. Also my air compressor is going bad for the rear air ride. So my question is, what is a good standard strut assy. Prefer a loaded setup. And what is a good standard rear set up? I want to get rid of the air. Also i do haul a boat and stuff with it so the rears would have to be fairly heavy duty so i wouldnt get much squating when hauling things or have the car packed full. Any help would be great. Brands, part numbers, personal experience, exc.... Thank you guy.

Old 01-19-2016, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by stuhr28
So i have a 2002 deville dts and have been having troubles with the suspension. About 3 years ago i switched from the magnetic front struts to standard struts. And now those are bad already. Also my air compressor is going bad for the rear air ride. So my question is, what is a good standard strut assy. Prefer a loaded setup. And what is a good standard rear set up? I want to get rid of the air. Also i do haul a boat and stuff with it so the rears would have to be fairly heavy duty so i wouldnt get much squating when hauling things or have the car packed full. Any help would be great. Brands, part numbers, personal experience, exc.... Thank you guy.
I suggest Gabriel air shocks but it comes with a valve to manually put air in when you decide to haul but still soft enough to keep the Cadillac feel and their cheap both come in a kit with air lines for either manual fill or the factory compressor for 63$