Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

RKE help

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 12:34 PM
Default RKE help

Hey,
I posted a thread a few months ago about how to reset my RKE system in my 94 Concours. I went trough all the steps to do it, but when I try to ground my wire to the body it doesn't lock or unlock any of the doors or start the reset process. I think this may be because I was in a rear end collision recently. I had to replace the trunk lid, and had to rewire cuz I was sent a different pull-down motor. I think the rewire may be whats making it so i can't reset the RKE, but im no professional so I dunno. Any help would be greatly appreciated guys.

Old 01-29-2008, 06:50 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: RKE help

Do the power door locks work?

Old 01-30-2008, 05:55 PM

Yes, all the electronics in the car work, even the trunk pull down and the trunk release button on my dash.

The only other tweak with the electric is that my left turn signal always has a mind of its own. It will blink at different intervals depending on how fast im going, how hard i stop, how sharp i turn, and it always slows down when i turn the headlamps on.

Plus i disconnected the passenger seat fuse cuz the seat kept clicking at me at the most awkward times.

Old 01-30-2008, 09:07 PM
Tech Certified Members

Could very well be relate to accident, check grounds in trunk. also make sure you did not tie into black wire w/ white stripe. Are you sure car was built rke? AUO on Service Parts IDentification label, or SPID for short.

Old 01-31-2008, 11:37 AM

ok, first, how would i check to see if the body is actually grounding the wire? And I think my stepdad did splice the black w/white strip wire to the new, all black trunk release wire. if thats what happened how would i go about finding the right wire to be grounding out? Im pretty sure it was RKE when I got it, cuz I bought it from an auction and it came with a fob already. the fob just never worked when I tried it or replaced the battery.
What is the AUO and where would the SPID be located at?