Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

Rear window monitor lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 04:38 PM
Default Rear window monitor lights

I took my 92 Deville to Delta Sonic to give it a quick Super Kiss. When the dryers were doing thier thing, I heard a "pop". Must have been the force of the air on the roof of the car. Everything looks fine, but now I have a problem. The two monitor lights inside the car are not working right, well one of them anyways. I pulled the screw out and looked at them, they are just two read lenses with what looks like a vacuum hose going to them from the roof of the interior. What caused one of them to go out and where do the connect so I can try and troubleshoot why one is not working? I tried looking all over the net for an answer and my mechanic told me they were bulbs, but it don't look that easy.

Old 01-13-2007, 01:57 PM
Default RE: Rear window monitor lights

Check the light bulb on the side that out. The light from the bulb travels up the tube to light the red lenes. Hope this helps.

Old 01-15-2007, 12:41 PM
Default RE: Rear window monitor lights

Thanks for the reply. The red lense that was on the drivers side rear light panel that you are refering to fell out of the taillight body. I simply plugged it back in there and its good to go. The first thing I checked was to make sure all the lights were working properly, so that was not the issue, had to have been something else. Thanks again.