Rear ride control - Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

Rear ride control

Old 09-01-2018, 02:17 PM
Default Rear ride control

Working on a friends 2002 Deville DTS. Pulled DIC codes and am getting a RSS C0662. Level control exhaust valve circuit low. Pulled compressor and bench tested it. Replenished the filter/dryer. Compressor runs and builds pressure. Checked the coil on the compressor head (Two white wires) with a VOM. No continuity. From reading other posts, the exhaust, or air bleed down is controlled by this coil and is normally closed. The coil is rusty, looks bad. So guessing its the coil? Checked the shocks with shop air. They extend and hold air. Checked resistance at both shock coils, 13 ohm's. Body wiring harness feeds 12v to compressor wiring. But compressor does not run on car. If you think it's the coil, is the compressor head available as a separate part?
Also checked all fuses and relays. Sat.
Thanks, Dave.

Old 12-23-2018, 12:54 AM

i want to replace my speed sensitive suspension with passive struts. however i
want to keep the level ride feature.

Old 12-23-2018, 03:17 PM
Default Ride control

[QUOTE=peter.handscomb;55613]i want to replace my speed sensitive suspension with passive struts. however i
want to keep the level ride feature.[/QUOT
There are specific struts for this replacement. The vendors supply a electrical plug for the circuit so it doesn't keep throwing a code. The brands are on this thread somewhere I remember reading them.
Dave.