Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

Is it possible to play DVD while not in park

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 04:45 PM
Default Is it possible to play DVD while not in park

I have a 2005 DTS and I wanted to know if there is a way to make the DVD play while driving... Any help with this would be helpful. If anyone is in the Bay Area and knows someone to do this locally , please let me know... I would also try to attempt to do this myself if someone was so nice to tell me how to do it... Thanks Scott

[IMG]local://upfiles/1523/4C031E8382A7443B86D1C67045F425B9.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-17-2007, 01:24 PM
Default RE: Is it possible to play DVD while not in park

I have an 02 dts and you need a code for it, well at least mine. I heard that Cadi found out about the code being made public and disable the code option on the 05 and newer models. just incase, her you go.......

First- press in the hard button with the music note on it until a key pad comes up on your screen.
Second- type in code 1791.....press enter then return. it should take you back to the main screen with the cadi crest and wreath.
Third- press the hard key label DVD and do as you would normally to see the movie. you can now take the car out of park and still watch movies and control the dvd palyer.

FYI the feature will be turnedoff when the car is turned off. to reactivate it just repeat the steps.

i bought the code and instructionson ebay for ten bucks...soi cut you a deal. hope it works.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:11 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Is it possible to play DVD while not in park

i be interested to know if it worked on the '05.

ORIGINAL: mrgoodbar67

I have an 02 dts and you need a code for it, well at least mine. I heard that Cadi found out about the code being made public and disable the code option on the 05 and newer models. just incase, her you go.......

First- press in the hard button with the music note on it until a key pad comes up on your screen.
Second- type in code 1791.....press enter then return. it should take you back to the main screen with the cadi crest and wreath.
Third- press the hard key label DVD and do as you would normally to see the movie. you can now take the car out of park and still watch movies and control the dvd palyer.

FYI the feature will be turnedoff when the car is turned off. to reactivate it just repeat the steps.

i bought the code and instructionson ebay for ten bucks...soi cut you a deal. hope it works.