Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

Is it possible? The Gear shift indicator behind it all. Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 07:51 PM
Default Please help! Several features not working. Im stuck.

First and foremost, I want to thank this community for all the information and insight you folks have compiled.

I have an issue that am sure someone here could help me with. I've seen several threads regarding the gear shift indicator being stuck. The gear shift indicator in my 04 deville is in park and haven't moved since I bought this car. I can shift into any and all gears and she runs and drives smooth. I recently noticed that the

-curb View or passenger mirror tilt down option did not work and neither did my
-reverse lights or the
-Ultrasonic Rear ParkingAssist (URPA)

Common denominator all activated when in reverse. Since my gear shift indicator is stuck in park these features can not be triggered. I need to fix my gear shift indicator and would really appreciate any feedback. I was hoping that knowing this information would help somebody pinpoint my problem. I appreciate your help and thank you in advance for your time and effort.

Other issues that might or might not be related
-cruise control does not engage, cruise control button on the left lights up but set button on left does not.
-no high beams

codes that are coming up
DTC P1826
Internal Mode Switch C Circuit High Voltage
DTC P0741(Intermittently)
TCC System Stuck Off

Thanks again.

Last edited by Pmotta; 05-14-2016 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Getting no responses