Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

Parting out a few devilles.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2021, 01:59 PM
Default Parting out a few devilles.

So I’m a new member here, long time lurker. I’m not sure if this is the right place for this post, and if I’m breaking any rules please let me know and I’ll take this post down. Anyways, I have 5 Cadillac Devilles that are not driveable anymore and I’ve decided to part them out, instead of letting them just rot away in the yard. Some of them are already missing parts, but for the most part in decent shape. I’m pretty sure the years are (99, 2001, 2003, 2003, & a 2005) if anyone here needs any parts for their car, Feel free to shoot me a message and I would be glad to check for you. I have plenty of references available on Facebook, Reddit, and eBay if we do decide to work something out. I can ship anywhere in the lower 48, and if you are close to lumberton North Carolina, I’d be willing to meet you.

With that being said, I have a running 2003 Seville SLS and the serpentine belt keeps slipping about a quarter inch off the P/S Pulley. It hasn’t slipped off all the way yet, but I know it’s a matter of time. I replaced the belt and put on a new tensioner but it didn’t fix the problem. As soon as I Crank the car it rolls off the pulley. I noticed that the lip of the p/s pulley has been worn down from the belt riding on it, to the point where there is no lip anymore on that side, which leads me to believe that, that may be the cause of it slipping off. I think initially it was installed incorrectly and the last owner just drove it with the belt hanging off. Anyway, could I pull off the P/S pulley off one of these Devilles and throw it on the seville? Or are they not compatible. Any other tips would be appreciated. Thanks guys!