Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

Park Light on Dash & Gear shift draining the battery

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 12:53 PM
Default Park Light on Dash & Gear shift draining the battery

I have a 97 deville concours and the dash board light and gear shift light stays on. Any ideas on what this could be? They drain the battery so I have to disconnect it whenever I am not going to be driving for more than 2 hours!! Please help

I bought the car used and it looks like the engine was replaced. Taken out of a Eldorado. I can see "ELDO" in yellow writing on the side of it in the front. THink this has something to do with it. The dealer said I had a helluva wiring mess under the dash and that I should have two positive wires going to the battery and one negative.

I drove the car from Michigan to North Carolina a week after I got it. It was doing this when I bought it. Got it up to damn near 130mph!! No lights No nothing & Acted like it wanted more!! The car rides great. Ride system coming on and off, no lights on dash except low refridgerant which i think it needs, Everything else working fine. Low fuel light comes on at right time. This is killing me. ANy ideas would help me out a lot. I would appreciate it