Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

NO washer fluid spray action on my Deville-what's the problem?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 02:47 AM
Exclamation NO washer fluid spray action on my Deville-what's the problem?

Ok I live in the city so sometimes I hit my windshield with the washer fluid to take off the film of road dust and the occasional bird crap. Starting yesterday the washer fluid does not spray one drop, and it is not from the reservoir being empty because I make sure it has a good amount in it, and to troubleshoot this I topped it off so it is now brimming with washer fluid. Problem is nothing doing in terms of spray, I hit the wiper wash button to activate the spray, the wipers do their thing albeit dry as no fluid comes out. The spray action has always been weak but this is ridiculous. The mechanics I had look at this while the car was in for an oil change said to remove the nozzles and soak them in CLR to clear out whatever deposits and crud there may be impeding flow but my friend thinks it may be the washer pump, though I suspect it may be a fuse since nothing happens. I would think if the pump was bad I would at least hear some feeble groaning/straining noises of a bad pump.

What is making this act up? It worked great 2 days ago.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:31 AM
Tech Certified Members

when you put system in wash mode, you should be able to hear pump....... do you?? if not, it would seem to me pump might be bad. check fuses, etc. keep the forum posted.... if you do hear the pump, clean lines, etc from pump to the windshield.
rickyd

Old 07-15-2010, 11:28 AM
Default No sounds of pump

I am hoping its a fuse; I don't hear the pump make any noise at all when I hit the button. Finding the fuse box seems to be a whole other ordeal, I took the panel off under the dashboard along the driver's side where it said it was and just saw a big clump of wires and some relays but no proper fuse box. In the Mercedes I used to have all this stuff was in a tidy labeled compartment under the hood in the corner of the car next to the master cylinder.