Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

Ignition switch problem (I think)

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 07:14 PM
Question Ignition switch problem (I think)

I have a '04 DeVille DHS. Sometimes when I start it it's completely dead- nothing. I'll turn the key off and try again and it starts just fine. Other times it will start but the only things that works is the engine and transmission, let me clarify: I can drive the car but all accessory systems are dead, no a/c, radio, power locks/windows and seats, gas and temp gauge. When it does this the only gauges that work are the speedometer and tach and for some strange reason the cruise control works but none of the other systems work. I disconnect the battery cable for 5 minutes then reconnect it and it starts just fine. The key and tumbler work just fine, no rough spots or hanging up. Has anyone had this problem before? Any help would be appreciated and if I get the solution to this problem from this site I would definitely buy the parts from a vendor that advertises on this site.

Last edited by rmichaelhanna; 10-12-2010 at 09:57 PM.