Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

I LOVE WARRANTIES!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 07:52 PM
Default I LOVE WARRANTIES!!!!

So I recently purchased a DTS with 29k miles. Its a 1 owner.... MINT condition, as many of you have seen the pics I previously posted. Anyways, so my bass breaks my rearview mirror off at the stem and I take it in under warranty to havea new one put in. So, later that day I get a call from the service departmentsaying that I have a coolant leak and all the gaskets around the plenum and such needs replaced! Also that one of my wheel barring assemblys are bad and need replaced! So I ask about the bill and the estimate was over $2,100.00.... for parts/labor!!! Then they say it will take a day to complete and ask about my transportation needs.Of course I say I need a car for work and such, so they get me a'07Grand Prix for the day. Then when I finally recieved the call to pick it up the next day, everything was coveredunder warranty,even therental!!! I just had to pay a measley $50 +tax for the deductible, haha! Now my DTS is a 2000..... with the GMAC Warranty. I praiseit and recommend EVERYONE look into itshould you purchase from a dealer!!!

Now that have that all out, lol, I was wondering if thesegaskets and barring assemblys are a common problem for these models???

Old 04-16-2007, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: I LOVE WARRANTIES!!!!

wait a sec...

glad it all came out as it should, but you didnt ask what the warranty would
cover before they did the work?

Old 04-16-2007, 09:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Stealth

wait a sec...

Well it was a like "bumper to bumper" so I didn't need to. But I was actually suprised it went well with no hitches and hassles.....

Old 04-16-2007, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: unkut

ORIGINAL: Stealth

wait a sec...

Well it was a like "bumper to bumper" so I didn't need to. But I was actually suprised it went well with no hitches and hassles.....

I know the feeling, I have a 93 allante that had the early N*. It had the oil leak so I waited until June of 2000, one month before the warranty was up and they gave me a new sedan deville to drive around in for 2 weeks. They had to order the new motor. so I have a 93 allante with a 2000 motor, too bad the odometer is still the same. But 0 dollars isa good thing.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:17 AM

So I recently purchased a DTS with 29k miles. Its a 1 owner.... MINT condition, as many of you have seen the pics I previously posted. Anyways, so my bass breaks my rearview mirror off at the stem ...
A mint DTS is something, but tell us about the bass! Your pet bass? How did it happen? Was there a fight? Did the bass want to drive...?

Or, was it a wrong answer to
- Mirror, mirror of the Caddy, Who is the fairest bassy?

Pictures??????????

[sm=roll.gif]

Old 04-17-2007, 06:59 PM

ORIGINAL: belagatyo

So I recently purchased a DTS with 29k miles. Its a 1 owner.... MINT condition, as many of you have seen the pics I previously posted. Anyways, so my bass breaks my rearview mirror off at the stem ...
A mint DTS is something, but tell us about the bass! Your pet bass? How did it happen? Was there a fight? Did the bass want to drive...?

Or, was it a wrong answer to
- Mirror, mirror of the Caddy, Who is the fairest bassy?

Pictures??????????

[sm=roll.gif]

Uh.... music homie, haha! 2 12" KICKER Solobaric L 7's with a1450 watt KICKER amppushin em..... So yeah.... the bass won!!!

Old 04-18-2007, 05:48 AM

Oh, it was a loud-mouth bass...!

Old 04-18-2007, 06:52 PM

ORIGINAL: belagatyo

Oh, it was a loud-mouth bass...!

Oh yeah, hahaha!!!!

Old 04-20-2007, 04:28 PM

So I ask about the bill and the estimate was over $2,100.00.... for parts/labor!!! Then they say it will take a day to complete and ask about my transportation needs.Of course I say I need a car for work and such, so they get me a'07Grand Prix for the day. Then when I finally recieved the call to pick it up the next day, everything was coveredunder warranty,even therental!!! I just had to pay a measley $50 +tax for the deductible, haha! Now my DTS is a 2000..... with the GMAC Warranty. I praiseit and recommend EVERYONE look into itshould you purchase from a dealer!!!
[/align][/align]It is always good to hear a positive story about a GMPP customer's experience. Your feedback wasrefreshing....Thanks for the free smile.[/align][/align]_____________________________[/align][/align]CadillacExtended Warranty - Are you covered?
Are your other GM vehicles covered with a General Motors Protection Plan (GMPP)?
[/align]