Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

Do you consider Devilles "old people cars"?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 06:52 PM
Default RE: Do you consider Devilles "old people cars"?

ORIGINAL: foxpaws

Let's see some photos - do you have rims - at least a little 'polish' to the car - then nope, not an 'old person's car'

But, at stock - I hate to break it to you - people looking at you in the car might be wondering if you are driving 'daddy's car'
I've got the windows tinted and some subs in the trunk, other than that it's stock. I do keep it gleamin though, I pay special attention to the chrome rims, I keep em shinein like mirrors.

I'm sure when they hear the bass beatin out the trunk they know that's it's my car, I'm not driving the parents car.

I don't really consider the Deville and "Old person car" but I'd say it's more of an "Old persons looking car" thanthe STS. Would you agree?

[IMG]local://upfiles/4628/8354FFF8CD4242E8BA78D4DA47572ED0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-10-2007, 07:56 PM
Tech Certified Members

Stomper has got the old peoples car, it is a funny looking station wagon. Beyond that what's old?

Old 11-11-2007, 06:05 PM

So what do you guys think. When I'm driving around and all these 40+ year old people are looking at me are they thinking:

a) How's a kid that young got a car that nice/Damn that's a nice car!
OR
b) What the hell is that kid doing driving that grandpa mobile around?

Old 11-12-2007, 11:42 AM

Well this is my mom's opinion:

[hr]

They probably think your a drug dealer. The first thing that comes to my mind when I see a young kid driving a cadillac is "Drug Dealer!".

[hr]

Old 11-20-2007, 02:33 PM

I dunno man, everyone has their own opinion on what kids in cadillacs are doin. I know I'm 20 now and have two cadis. My first car I ever bought was a 80 DeVille that was blue and had a peanut-butter top. So when I was drivin arounnd I know everyone thought I was a drug dealer cuz the cops musta stopped me 10 time within my first 6 months of drivin. Probly didn't help I always had a full car and smoke a lota ganja.
But now that I drive the 94 DeVille around a lot less people look at me like im not supposed to be in that car.

I say next time you get some people lookin at you funny like your not supposed to be drivin your car just pull out your wallet and flasgh em some cash to let em know you bought the damn thing and it ain't your daddy's car man. other than that you just can't stop the haters out there dude, you gotta live with it. But remember that your in the caddi and they're probably the ones drivin the toyotas and acuras around wishin they were you.

By the way, I have had everyone I know try to buy my cars off me, old and young dude...

Old 11-20-2007, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 420Deville

So what do you guys think. When I'm driving around and all these 40+ year old people are looking at me are they thinking:

OR
a)

Old 11-24-2007, 10:56 AM

ORIGINAL: 420Deville

OR
I'm almost 50, and I'd be thinking "Hey, I wonder if my SLScan take that kid's Deville, and how can I get his attention over all that richter-scale boomin'?" All this while listening to Click & Clack or Cigar Dave or Opie & Anthony or Gun Talk on XM radio.

Old 11-24-2007, 10:59 AM
Tech Certified Members

IMO, a kid quickly comes of age when he leaves them japan wheels in the dust.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:16 PM

i'm 21 and just got rid of my first deville and am on my second. i have yet to get someone around my car to say its a grandpas car. chances are if they do its cause they cant afford it. i've gotten alot of complements young and old and wouldnt trade it for a tuner to save my life. plus it pisses off the jap crap when their suped up toy cant keep up with my stock caddy. besides they don't float at a 100mph like we do!!!

Old 11-27-2007, 11:32 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: brolajit

i'm 21 and just got rid of my first deville and am on my second. i have yet to get someone around my car to say its a grandpas car. chances are if they do its cause they cant afford it. i've gotten alot of complements young and old and wouldnt trade it for a tuner to save my life. plus it pisses off the jap crap when their suped up toy cant keep up with my stock caddy. besides they don't float at a 100mph like we do!!!
Couldnt have said it any better.

good deal ...

Quick Reply: Do you consider Devilles "old people cars"?