Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

Do you consider Devilles "old people cars"?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 12:51 PM
Default Do you consider Devilles "old people cars"?

Do you think Cadillac Devilles are old people cars? Do you think young people look out of place driving Devilles?

I'm 22 and I drive a white 2000 Deville. Any other young people driving a Deville???

Old 11-08-2007, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Do you consider Devilles "old people cars"?

Dont you know? You got a hot-rod.
It goes faster and gets there faster and more comfortable than any jelly beaner car.
Dress it up and watch the crowd drool.

Get Fox to make some suggestions. Fox is darn good at dressing up a car.

Old 11-08-2007, 03:54 PM

Personaly I don't consider it an old person car, I'm just looking for other people's opinions on it.

When ever I'm driving it seems like only older people, 40+, always turn their head and look when I drive by. I've always thought they were just checking out the car, or maybe the loud *** bass from my subs caught their attention but recently one of my friends says to me "I bet they all think your a drug dealer."

That got me thinking that90% of the people I see drivingDevilles are old people, maybe I look out of place driving a deville.

Opinions?

Old 11-08-2007, 04:17 PM

**** I am 25 and I drive a 1984 Sedan DeVille with 47K original and all the older and younger guys try to buy it off of me. I have a lot of friends under 30 that have Caddi's.

Old 11-08-2007, 04:46 PM
Tech Certified Members

ORIGINAL: 420Deville

Personaly I don't consider it an old person car, I'm just looking for other people's opinions on it.

When ever I'm driving it seems like only older people, 40+, always turn their head and look when I drive by. I've always thought they were just checking out the car, or maybe the loud *** bass from my subs caught their attention but recently one of my friends says to me "I bet they all think your a drug dealer."

That got me thinking that90% of the people I see drivingDevilles are old people, maybe I look out of place driving a deville.

Opinions?

A White DeVille? if you havent add some chrome and accent lights.
now, if your upholstory is zebra fabric or you ride around wearing a yellow or white hat, i mihgt also wonder.

Caddies are hot in the L.A. area. I see more Caddies thatn BMWs now days, that is a change.
My only suggestions are the accent ligths, NO skinny tires and tiny rims, no zebra / animal fabrics, forget velvet unless your car is 30+ years old, add simple chrome accents.

Hell, get a " SUPERCHARGED " badge and stick it on .. that will make them think twice. Most kids today, couldnt tell even if you show them the engine.

and remember the #1 reason ... old people drive them
because they can afford them !

Old 11-08-2007, 06:02 PM
Tech Certified Members

Let's see some photos - do you have rims - at least a little 'polish' to the car - then nope, not an 'old person's car'

But, at stock - I hate to break it to you - people looking at you in the car might be wondering if you are driving 'daddy's car'

Works for all upper end vehicles - Lexus and BMWs look like boring businessman's specials - until they are lowered, get rims, tint, and then they start to look less like overpriced toyotas and more like something that has a little spunk.

Add spunk...

Name:  caddy1.jpg
Views: 1770
Size:  42.4 KB

Old 11-08-2007, 06:17 PM
Tech Certified Members

here is another 2000 DeVille .. compare to the one Fox posted .
one is coming, the other is going ...

[IMG]local://upfiles/3799/3DE00B1F837F40ACA6B1E04C255D0B22.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-08-2007, 06:23 PM
Tech Certified Members

this guy seems pretty ok with it as is .. like i said, its cool in many circles.
but dont paint it brown.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3799/85DA3E0B5F7C4B709CA30983EDA001F6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-08-2007, 10:40 PM
Tech Certified Members

your cool....its cool.... let'm all drull....... thats whats cool........... Cadillac............ u-kno

Old 11-08-2007, 11:24 PM
Super Moderator

If you consider 49 old then yes it is an old persons car. All I know is that when I toss my 18 year old son the keys he can't behind the wheel fast enough. Is it the way it looks, the way it makes him feel ? No.....it couldn't be the 32 valve dual overhead cam detuned V8 Indy racing engine they call a Northstar could it?

Quick Reply: Do you consider Devilles "old people cars"?