Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

digital dash

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 08:11 AM
Default digital dash

having a problem with my digital dash flashing on and off, i was told it could be the bcm, if so where is the bcm located? thanks, john.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Tech Certified Members

Sorry......... Year, Make, Model........ lol, read your post, can you answer that....lol

Give the Forum more information....... Is that all that is acting up? When does it do it? .....As you are driving car, sitting still, when you first start it up. Do you know, or can you pull any codes??

rickyd

Old 08-02-2010, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by rickyd
Sorry......... Year, Make, Model........ lol, read your post, can you answer that....lol

Give the Forum more information....... Is that all that is acting up? When does it do it? .....As you are driving car, sitting still, when you first start it up. Do you know, or can you pull any codes??

rickyd
sorry new at this, its a 1989 4.5 sedan deville,not driving the car just bought it to sell, as soon as you start it the dash starts flashing on and off, other times the dash lights right up and works fine,then after a few minuets it starters flashing again. not able to get any codes. thanks for the help, john.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:40 AM
Tech Certified Members

okay, so...... it had been sitting 12 years, and the battery HAS NOT been changed??? whoops, mixed up with another post...
I'd for sure replace battery.
dash flashing at times..... ???? have you checked plug-ins etc?? sometimes that could be related to ignitiion switch..... hmmmm
get battery replaced, ......see what happens after that.... let the forum know.
good luck
rickyd

Sorry, i keep getting your post and another mixed up........ you dont have a battery problem, do you??

Last edited by rickyd; 08-02-2010 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Sorry
Old 08-02-2010, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by rickyd
okay, so...... it had been sitting 12 years, and the battery HAS NOT been changed??? whoops, mixed up with another post...
I'd for sure replace battery.
dash flashing at times..... ???? have you checked plug-ins etc?? sometimes that could be related to ignitiion switch..... hmmmm
get battery replaced, ......see what happens after that.... let the forum know.
good luck
rickyd

Sorry, i keep getting your post and another mixed up........ you dont have a battery problem, do you??
yes, the battery wont stay charged,replaced batt. twice, had alt. checked was ok. thanks, john.

Old 08-02-2010, 01:56 PM
Tech Certified Members

ohhhh... you got a draw somewhere...... hopin somone will chime in on this one... something is running/on all the time. that could be a tuff one, or ??? maybe easy. check all electrics, see if something is on/running.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:35 PM
Default battery drain

Check and see if the Clock on the radio stays on with the key off....