Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

cornering lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 12:30 AM
Default cornering lights

Thecornering lights on my Cadillac Deville 2002 used to come on when I turned my parking light and/or headlight control switch on, but now they only blink when my turn signal switch is activated. I called the Cadillac dealership and they responded that the cornering lights are only activated when your signal switch is on, although they were on constantly before when I had my headlights/parking light switch on. This makes no sense. My owners manual states that they should be activated when I turn my headlight/parking light switch on, and flash when signal switch is activated also. The bulb is not burned out, no fuses are blown, everything seems to be fine otherwise. The bulb is a 2 element circuit so I don't understand why if its only activated when the turn signal switch is on, why it would have 2 elements. I know they were on before but now they are not.

My questionto anyone that can answer,Is there something I need to turn on in the D.I.C.(Driver Information Center)?????? Any help is apreciated Thanks!!!

Old 07-16-2008, 07:13 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: cornering lights

Cornering lights should not flash at all. The idea is they illuminate the area to the side where you are turning. Proper operation is such that the light will shine steady for as long as you activate your signal. When turn is finished and signal cancels they go off. I think you might have the incorrect bulbs. One circuit only, steady on on turns.

Old 07-16-2008, 09:48 PM
Tech Certified Members

Normally exterior lights have to be on also

Old 07-17-2008, 12:06 AM

thanks for the input,but the original bulbs have a two part element and so does the replacement bulb from the dealership.Also in the manual it states in the paragraph describing the cornering lights function and thats what my cornering lights did before was light up when the parking or headlight switch was turned on and flashed brighter when the signal switch was activated and now they dont anymore and bulb is good.Does anybody have any other info on this situation???thanks again

Old 07-24-2008, 07:53 PM

on my deville it works like katzman explained....never like how you explained

Old 07-24-2008, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: solow

thanks for the input,but the original bulbs have a two part element and so does the replacement bulb from the dealership.Also in the manual it states in the paragraph describing the cornering lights function and thats what my cornering lights did before was light up when the parking or headlight switch was turned on and flashed brighter when the signal switch was activated and now they dont anymore and bulb is good.Does anybody have any other info on this situation???thanks again
I think we have some confusion here. Cornering lamps are white. I think you are describing the turn signal indicators which are amber. Please clarify for us.