Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

Anyone done or considered a 5spd swap?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 10:38 PM
Default Anyone done or considered a 5spd swap?

Hey fellow Cad owners, been lurking for awhile and found lots of useful and very helpful info here. Im new to the fwd caddy's but my cheap second vehicle has grown on me especially as I get through the little bugs and couple years of missed maintenance from the previous owner.
Anyway my question as the title says, has anyone done a manual swap to a fwd deville?

Mine is a 92 with a 4.9 (non N*) and I just thought that a 5spd would be fun to drive.
Im aware of the custom flywheel and the available custom prom's that the Fiero guys use but was wondering about pedals, linkage, axles, etc.
Its a swap I would be very interested in doing, possibly soon if I can find the info and parts if there is any compatible. That being said I would like to keep it a budget friendly swap, as the swap I am more interested in which will probably not be as budget friendly is a v8 Catera and I finally found a good candidate for it.