Cadillac CTS The mid-sized sedan that has grown the popularity of the Cadillac brand with it's low price and sleek styling

Thinking of Getting a CTS, tips.

Old 07-29-2008, 11:47 AM
Default Thinking of Getting a CTS, tips.

Hello everyone, I'm currently looking to get into a CTS with in the next month. I was trying to figure out if there was any mid mileage problems with them? BTW i am looking into 2003-04 with around 40-60 thousand miles. I hear great things, my step father has one and he loves it. Feel free to give any tips please. Thanks everyone.

Old 07-30-2008, 11:50 AM
Default RE: Thinking of Getting a CTS, tips.

I have a 2003 CTS, owned since new. It is a great car, fun to drive, decent gas mileage, however at 54K, had to replace the valve covers, now at 63K have to replace the engine oil cooler (a hybrid part in CTS and Catera) that sits in the bottom of the engine and is a pricey fix. I would recommend getting an extended warranty, and looking into parts they cover. Currently I am fighting my warranty company because they cover every part in the engine oil system, and in the cooling system, but do not specifically name or cover the engine oil cooler, since it is a unique part, not standard to most engines. Buyer beware on that one.