Cadillac CTS The mid-sized sedan that has grown the popularity of the Cadillac brand with it's low price and sleek styling

Right signal turns on hazzard lights...

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 10:42 PM
Default Right signal turns on hazzard lights...

Hey guys ive been having this problem with my 04 cts that every now an then when I turn on my right signal light the hazzard lights come on but only on the front not the back I brought it to the dealer an they have found nothing an I also checked the bulbs, I just would like to know if anyone else had this problem....

Old 09-23-2007, 10:03 PM
Default RE: Right signal turns on hazzard lights...

If you have not done any electrical work and this just started happening for no particular reason, you *could* just reboot the car....

One way is to disconnect the + and - cables from the battery and let it sit for 20 minutes or so...

But what the dealer service person showed me was to disconnect the + and - cables from the battery and touch the cables for a moment... then reconnect the correct + and - cables back to the battery.

When my driver side window button was making the rear left and right windows go up and down and the front passenger window button was making the rear windows do the same, I watched him do this "reboot" it and everything came back to normal...

Old 09-30-2007, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

keep me posted .. this is FAQ Material ...
added to the FAQ thread of

Cadillac GM e-ghosts electric problems
https://www.cadillacforum.com/m_6068/tm.htm

Old 11-01-2007, 07:48 AM
Tech Certified Members

ORIGINAL: boya84

If you have not done any electrical work and this just started happening for no particular reason, you *could* just reboot the car....

One way is to disconnect the + and - cables from the battery and let it sit for 20 minutes or so...

But what the dealer service person showed me was to disconnect the + and - cables from the battery and touch the cables for a moment... then reconnect the correct + and - cables back to the battery.

When my driver side window button was making the rear left and right windows go up and down and the front passenger window button was making the rear windows do the same, I watched him do this "reboot" it and everything came back to normal...
mr. leary....... your comments on this please........rickyd

Old 11-02-2007, 10:17 PM
Tech Certified Members

When this happens ares both front and right turn signals all flashing or just front?