Cadillac CTS The mid-sized sedan that has grown the popularity of the Cadillac brand with it's low price and sleek styling

Radio Questions

Old 03-11-2010, 10:00 AM
Question Radio Questions

A few weeks ago, I bought a 2004 CTS with 62K on her. I love the car, but it came with a single CD player instead of a CD changer. Also, the song and artist information that displays when the radio is playing, is inaccurate. It will show the first word of the artist or song, then it will go back to displaying the clock. This happens on all stations, so I know it isn't incomplete info entered by the radio station. I haven't found an info button on the stereo, or a way to display the complete artist / title.

Here's my questions...
1 - Is the radio information a problem on all CTSs, or is it just mine?
2 - Can I get a salvage CD changer and switch them out plug-N-play style, or is there more to it than that? I had an Audi once that required a code be entered for the radio to work. I don't want to spend a lot of money on a radio only to find out that it has to be installed by a dealer for another $300 or something.

Thanks in advance.

H.

Old 03-11-2010, 06:55 PM
Tech Certified Members

is the sound system bose?? there has got to be a way to shut the info off. then it will just show the station you are on. can you do that?? do you have a manual??
welcome to the forum herby jr...... have you been to member intro yet??? check us out.
rickyd

Old 03-15-2010, 10:29 AM

It isn't a Bose. It's just the base system. I have the manual, but haven't tried to turn off the info. I'd really like the info to work, and more than that, I'd really like to have a CD changer.

Do you know if I can swap into a salvaged CD changer without much trouble?

H.

Old 03-15-2010, 10:58 AM
Tech Certified Members

Originally Posted by HerbyJr
It isn't a Bose. It's just the base system. I have the manual, but haven't tried to turn off the info. I'd really like the info to work, and more than that, I'd really like to have a CD changer.

Do you know if I can swap into a salvaged CD changer without much trouble?

H.

TRY, OR TRY TO REPROGRAM. AND YES..... make sure the cd changer is cool. a stereo shop can assist you at minimal cost.

Old 03-19-2010, 02:37 PM
Default 04 cts nav radio laying around

I got a 04 radio/nav, 6 disc changer, it laying around collecting dust... if any body instresed email-me alain.menard01@gmail.com only thing wrong is that the buttom are wared out..easily painted...