Cadillac CTS The mid-sized sedan that has grown the popularity of the Cadillac brand with it's low price and sleek styling

Perilli Cinturatu P7 Blow Outs

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 07:38 PM
Default Perilli Cinturatu P7 Blow Outs

I presently own a 2014 Cadillac CTS and it is a beautiful looking luxury car. It looks great but unfortuantely that is the extent of the good I can state about it at this time. I do not feel safe in it and do not want to drive it any longer. The car has blown-out 3 tires within the 7 months I have owned it. The first time a tire blew out I was in the Bronx, NY area, the car was just 3-and-1/2 months old with 4961 miles. We contacted Cadillac and informed them that something was wrong with the tire, we had only went over a slightly raised road joint that is common to any roadway...It was not a pothole but just a normal condition on the road you and myself have experienced hundreds of times driving our vehicles. Cadillac insisted there was not an issue with the tires and it was the result of a road hazard. Then again, 3-and-1/2 months later the car was 7 months old with 9900 miles. I was driving the Cadillac on the Garden State Parkway with my husband and this time 2 tires blew out almost simultaneously. Again no pothole just a change of pavement from road to overpass. At the time of the blow outs there were multiple vehicles in front of our car, behind our car, and to the left and right, however my 2014 Cadillac was the only vehicle that had an issue with the road "condition" and blew out a tire, let alone two! We had to drive the car on the run flats for 50+ miles and it was terrifying. We had to take the car to have the tires replaced, and again we contacted Cadillac. They again stated there was no safety issue with the tires but it is an issue of a road hazard. Really! I now have a $60,000.00 paper weight sitting in my driveway which is not safe for me to drive. I have been in contact with several people from Cadillac to have the issue addressed and change the tires being used on my vehicle, however, to this point Cadillac has not taken ownership of their design flaw or defective product. Cadillac's engineers designed the car and chose the tires they placed on it. Did they not realize that the roads are not "perfect" and there will be bridges and road joints that their vehicles will surely travel over? When I recently contacted my salesman, Anthony Soriano from Sarant Cadillac in Farmingdale, New York his response to my concerns on the safety of the tires was "That is why we offer you tire and wheel insurance." Their insistence on purchasing additional coverage for the tires after purchasing an expensive, luxury vehicle shows Mr. Soriano as well as Cadillac must know there is an issue. Like I stated to Anthony and Cadillac Customer Service the only thing the insurance would have done was save me out-of-pocket expense. It would not have helped to ensure my safety and the safety of my family. I am a loyal consumer who has always purchased American made cars, and specifically GM vehicles, and I find it extremely disappointing that Cadillac, the shining star of General Motors, does not stand by their loyal American Consumers. If Cadillac wishes to portray itself as a premium luxury brand they will need to produce an outstanding product and stand behind and guarantee their product. Customer safety and satisfaction should be Cadillac's primary goal. Please advise if anyone has similar issues with their car?