Cadillac ATS This new compact luxury sedan has been designed to take on the best of the luxury segment from around the world.

Cue screen cracks

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2020, 01:44 PM

I have a 2014 SRX and had my Cue screen replaced in 2017 due to the cracking that seems to be an issue in the heat, Now, July 2020 the screen cracked AGAIN. When speaking to my dealership, the Service Manager told me not to worry about it, he would take care of it. However, he just informed me that Cadillac is not covering it all and it will cost me about $425 out of my pocket to fix what appears to be a very well known issue with this part for my model and year vehicle. I don't understand why GM won't cover the entire thing and why there is not a recall on it. I am extremely frustrated. With everything else going on in the world, this is not something I should have to pay out of pocket for.

Old 07-09-2020, 03:36 PM

UPDATE: We contacted Cadillac, both the dealership and online corporate and they won't do anything. NaDa. Not even give us a break on the cost.

By the way, it's not the heat that does this. It just happens. Ours happened in our driveway overnight in mild weather. The product is faulty and should be recalled or fixed for free when notified. It's bad enough we have to deal with something like this (no other vehicle I know of has this problem) but to be told we have to spend so much money to replace it with NO assurance it would be covered if it happened again (which it probably will) is down right criminal on their part. Like you, this is our 2nd CUE system and we only have 34k miles.

You're lucky it's only going to cost you $425. Our quote for the same thing from our dealership is $1,274 which we obviously can't pay. Reading all the poor people being rejected by Cadillac makes me wonder if they really want to stay in business. That part (CUE) should have been re-engineered and recalled long ago.

Last edited by John Purretta; 07-09-2020 at 03:44 PM.
Old 07-14-2020, 05:04 AM
Default Spiderweb cracks too!

Hello everyone,

WOW! I‘m so glad I googled this issue and got on the forum chat if I have! My 2013 Cadillac ATS Luxury Edition literally had this exact issue show up overnight on the lower left hand part of my CUE screen. The timing couldn’t be worse as I’m unemployed now due to COVID -19 destroying my job as an executive in the hotel industry. And I need to drive to see my sister who is ill with cancer many states away. My car has less than 60k miles on it. Can anyone from Cadillac help me?!? Does anyone on this forum have any ideas on how to hemp?! Will the cracks get bigger and the system stop working? So glad I found this thread. Hoping to hear from someone!?!

David K

Old 09-22-2020, 06:36 PM

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle. The car healed itself! The spider web "cracks" are gone. The car sat for a little over a week without being driven so I took it shopping today and the CUE screen is back to normal! I noticed it was normal again when I touched the time in the top right corner to turn on the analog clock. I don't know if that cleared it or if it just got better when it was sitting. So it is clear to me now that the screen isn't really "cracked". It's the display doing this. I've never seen a car self-destruct in the driveway, then 5 months later heal itself the same way. Weird. But then it is 2020.

Update Spring 2021: The spider cracks re-appeared, worse than before. So every Spring/Summer I can expect this to happen? Will it go away again come fall? I'll let you know. Strange how Cadillac never mentions this behavior.

Last edited by John Purretta; 06-17-2021 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Update
Old 06-17-2021, 12:17 PM

I just had the spider web cracking on my wife's 2014 XTS Premium @54119 miles. We parked it in the for a few days while some work was going on in the garage. Apparently you can't park a Cadillac outdoors...

Took it to Cadillac of South Charlotte. They wanted $1500+ to replace it. Told them Thank You; but NO. Asked why there was no Recall on this common problem. They couldn't come up with a plausible lie.

While the car was in their Shop, I had them check a couple new rattles in the backseat area. Turnout out to be failing shock absorbers. Also found the Cold Air Intake hoe to the Throttle Body was cracked. They replaced these and, cleaned the Throttle Body , and replaced the Cabin Air Filter. All for a mere $2127.68!! And, as a kicker, they found the Catalytic Converter cracked, leaking Exhaust gases under the car, and replaced it under Warranty (Free!).

Clicked on the Cuescreens.com link in another message and found Mitchell & Son as an approved Installer (near Blythewood, SC). Gave him a call and scheduled an Install last Saturday. He drove up, did the job, reassembled all the trim pieces that required removal to get the screen & frame off in one piece. Installed the new part (@ $151.00 cost from Cuescreens, BTW) and reassembled all the trim pieces and console parts. When complete, he took the time to clean everything with a micro-fiber cloth and cleaner to remove finger-prints, smudges. That included the seats, door jams & door panels, etc that he feared he might have scuffed while twisting and bending to get at the locking hardware in a lot of hard-to-reach places. He left the vehicle a lot cleaner than when he found it. All for $639.00, including parts!! Then he drove back home.

Note: Mitch noted that he's done several of these, including his own 2017 XTS, and found that varying years and Trim levels differed in disassembly sequence, screw sizes, number of pieces to be removed, etc. This job took the longest of all those he's done, at 6 hrs, not counting travel time. I was very impressed with how organized and meticulous his approach is. He is a 20-yr+ Army Veteran in Communications.and now runs a Smart Phone Repair business. I would strongly recommend him to anyone in the Charlotte, NC/Rock Hill, SC/Columbia, SC area with this annoying problem.