Cadillac Eldorado 1989 Last Straw! - Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Old 06-09-2017, 03:36 PM

Angry Cadillac Eldorado 1989 Last Straw!

Hi everyone, First post of here and hoping someone can help before i give up and scrap the caddy!

I have brought a project and the ignition barrel needs to be replaced but the previous owner has already taken apart the steering colour including indicators ect ect.

I believe there are broken parts missing parts and i honestly have no idea on how to put it back together! The GM diagrams are no correct for the year and will post pictures if anyone could help!

I was looking for parts including indicator stalk- any retainer clips and also the steering wheel is very loose even when the centre bolt is tight or even a garage that could complete this work!

Please help Thanks everyone in advance.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:48 PM
Tech Certified Members

You just need to find someone who know what their doing to help you out. The bolts that hold pivot to lower column are probably loose. further disassembly required. A seasoned GM tech should be able to take care of it in a few hours, and he should know if anything is missing.