Cadillac STS The newest installation of the performance sedan from Cadillac, having replaced the Seville

Last Cadillac service before goinng out of warranty

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 11:44 AM
Default Last Cadillac service before goinng out of warranty

Last Friday 2-13-09 I put my STS in for it's last Cadillac warranty service because my car goes out of warranty on Saturday 2-14-09.Here is what I had done:
1.Oil change.......$79
2.Ashtray won't open/close........set back on track( but still shows problem and now it won't close)
3.moisture in drivers headlight.....can't find leak(nothing done about it)
4.service airbag light keeps coming on.......can't replicate(nothing done about it)
5.power steering making a
noise like no/low fluid (can't replicate....must be deaf(nothing done about it.
The Cadillac dealer only hit the mark on 1 out of 5 problems....that sucks!!! now watch later on in this cars life Caddy will want to charge me to fix these same problems.... again that sucks!!!

Jono

Last edited by jono6406; 02-27-2009 at 09:14 AM.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:54 PM
Tech Certified Members

Save paperwork for all CNDs since you have had car. If some of your concerns are present now, contact dealership management and explain situation. GM and the dealership should not put you "under the bus", and cover repair. Call Cadillac Customer Assistance if concern continue over the next 24mo/24k to explain concerned occurred while car was under warranty, and request assistance. Hopefully you have not been a warranty only customer.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:05 AM

Hey Slowroll I called the dealer and made another appointment for Friday because now the ashtray won't close shut. It is supposed to rain today so hopefully there will be enough moisture in the air to fog up my headlight like it does when it rains. They did tell me that they will treat it as warranty work but I DID purchase a 100k extended aftermarket bumper to bumper warranty when I purchased this car.I have faith that Cadillac will do everything in their power to resolve these small issues. It's truely different going from Acura RL to Cadillac STS.

Last edited by jono6406; 02-19-2009 at 07:09 AM.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:37 PM
Tech Certified Members

jono... yea slowroll hit it on the head, and you're covered for up to 100k mi. dude, have patience..lol see ya round.
rick

Old 02-20-2009, 07:30 PM

Today I had my day at the dealer. I couldn't get any moisture in the headlight after about 1 hour of rain so I"ll let that issue go for now but they did put a new steering rack in( they said mine was worn internally) and they ordered me a new ashtray because mine just would not close. they called it a one time good will gesture(which was fine with me).They also ordered me a new ashtray assembly to be installed upon arrival.

Jono

Last edited by jono6406; 02-21-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:07 AM
Tech Certified Members

Originally Posted by jono6406
Today I had my day at the dealer. I couldn't get no in the headlight after about 1 hour of rain so I"ll let that issue go for now but they did put a new steering rack in( they said mine was worn internally) and they ordered me a new ashtray because mine just would not close. they called it a one time good will gesture(which was fine with me).They also ordered me a new ashtray assembly to be installed upon arrival.

Jono
why did they replace the steering rack? were you having a problem? shakes, shimmys, ..... was that a concern of yours from the get-go?
rickyd

Old 02-21-2009, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jono6406
Last Friday 2-13-09 I put my STS in for it's last Cadillac warranty service because my car goes out of warranty on Saturday 2-14-09.Here is what I had done:
1.Oil change.......$79
2.Ashtray won't open/close........set back on track( but still shows problem and now it won't close)
3.moisture in drivers headlight.....can't find leak(nothing done about it)
4.service airbag light keeps coming on.......can't replicate(nothing done about it)
5.power steering making a noise like no/low fluid (can't replicate....must be deaf(nothing done about it.
The Cadillac dealer only hit the mark on 1 out of 5 problems....that sucks!!! now watch later on in this cars life Caddy will want tocharge me to fix these same problems.... again that sucks!!!

Jono

Old 02-21-2009, 08:17 AM
Tech Certified Members

yes....caught that aftered i posted.....lol thanks mr stealth.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:35 PM

I would definitely keep up on that "service air bag" light.
The next time it comes on "Do Not" shut off the car and drive right to the dealer.

Old 02-25-2009, 12:09 PM

Mrmojo you must have been reading my mind.

Quick Reply: Last Cadillac service before goinng out of warranty